Cheap landing pad @ Costco

Reaction score
Before you tell me "this isn't P3 specific" , it is. I only own and have tested with a P3 so not sure how it may impact others. If mods want to move this...be my guest.

Anyways, Costco, 20$, it's a kids arts and crafts table by Lifetime Products. Does have a metal frame and legs but they appear to be insulated enough it does not affect calibration. Compact enough you could leave it in your backseat or trunk "just in case" the spot your flying from has uncertainty.

It is not something I'd want to carry around all day but isn't bad for what it is. It's actually pretty sturdy, I'd assume it would hold a few kids standing on it. Also makes for a great stand for a hard case (I have an HPRC, perfect size) when not flying.

If your wife clamps down on the cost just tell her you want a table for the shorter members of the family for the next BBQ. Just stop her before she buys the chairs.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1439751086.081492.jpg

Reactions: airforce1loz
If your wife is clamping down on spending 20$ you probably don't have a p3 anyways lol. Time for a new wife.

But we both know it's the difference of a 287$ trip to Costco and a 307$ trip to Costco. That's when you'll remember my pitch. ;)

Not P3 specific. We all have to take off and land so it be good for all to see ;)

Reactions: S5S5G6
Before you tell me "this isn't P3 specific" , it is. I only own and have tested with a P3 so not sure how it may impact others. If mods want to move this...be my guest.

Anyways, Costco, 20$, it's a kids arts and crafts table by Lifetime Products. Does have a metal frame and legs but they appear to be insulated enough it does not affect calibration. Compact enough you could leave it in your backseat or trunk "just in case" the spot your flying from has uncertainty.

It is not something I'd want to carry around all day but isn't bad for what it is. It's actually pretty sturdy, I'd assume it would hold a few kids standing on it. Also makes for a great stand for a hard case (I have an HPRC, perfect size) when not flying.

If your wife clamps down on the cost just tell her you want a table for the shorter members of the family for the next BBQ. Just stop her before she buys the chairs.

View attachment 27646
I

View attachment 27646

I use my flight case. I take out all the kit I need for a flight, put the P3 on top of it, run the pre flight checks and away I go.

Beibg overly cautious here but I wouldn't perform a compass calibration near the table as it'll create issues.

That's why I wanted a plastic preflight case. Compass calibration errors are the biggest cause of fly aways.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 404

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers