Cheap Gimbal level?

Reaction score
I took the cheap route and my new Cheapo Gimbal ($100) arrived.

Works flawlessly out the box on power only, seems heavy. Not flown yet with it, too windy today.

Anyway here is the issue, on boot up the gimal tilts to the left slightly (Looking straight on the Phantom)

I can pack it at one side, but since its new it would be nice if it were perfectly level.

Any ideas?

Hope this is the right area : )

My shark gimbal in my P1 will do the same thing if it's mounted next to the motor on the mounting deck I have 2 options I use the one to the right and the gimbal stays level .
What gimbal ?

Take a level and ensure the platform the Phantom sits on is perfectly level. I had the same issue, until I figured it out. the table was not level.

I had used the assistant software to adjust the roll so it was straight, however in flight it was slanted.

Still have the same issue no matter what I do.... tilts to one side.

It's a Martinez Board and is really bugging me now....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GAX ... UTF8&psc=1

The above link is where I got it.....

Does anyone know what GUI to use? Links?

Then how to adjust and fix this issue.

here is a video I made you can see the horizon tilted slightly...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbOrzJAtJTo

If looking straight ahead facing GoPro the gimbal is tilted to the left about 5 deg I would guess.

I've got basically the same gimbal (goodluckbuy) and also have this annoying issue. I've tried the calibrations in SimpleBGC and the 6-point calibration, but the problem always seems to come back.

I've set the button on the gimbal's PCB to calibrate the accelerometer when pressed once and to calibrate the gyroscope when pressed twice. Just wondering though - as I've seen conflicting reports - when you press that button, the gimbal goes 'limp' for about 3 seconds, and then fires back up again. Are you supposed to manually hold the gimbal level while it's 'limp'? I've had luck just pressing the button once, letting it go limp, and then it re-initializes and sometime will go back to level on it's own - without me even touching it.

Just wondering what the correct procedure should be...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4