Cheap Gimbal for P2

Reaction score
I smashed my H3 3D and am in the process of adding a cheapo gimbal.

I hooked it up with the ribbon cable coming out the bottom of the P2, but there is only around 4v

Where can I get 12v from the P2 to power this gimbal.....

Had a look can't see any other posts, but surely someone else must have done this?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
The best place is from the main board where your naza is mounted. Use an esc wire, they should be in the corners by a plug labled V and G. Just make sure you get your polarity right! ;-)

Reactions: PSBSAT
Cheers for the quick reply! So your saying just solder onto one of the ESC...... black and red......

Would never have thought of that. As above Cheers : )

Pretty much yea. There is sometimes a film on djis solders which needs to be scraped off. Just bear that in mind when you're attaching there. That's where I attached my solders when I had a walkera gimbal.

Reactions: PSBSAT
Thanks again, hope to make a video of this as there are a few out there but no one explains where to power up. Had been asking this stuff for about two weeks on DJI forums..... almost as if they don't want you to know a $50 gimbal is an option for a P2

Thanks again, hope to make a video of this as there are a few out there but no one explains where to power up. Had been asking this stuff for about two weeks on DJI forums..... almost as if they don't want you to know a $50 gimbal is an option for a P2
hey, have you ever made a video?

Nah not yet sorry..... I installed the cheapo Gimbal and works sometimes, but I get the Gello effect on the video, driving me crazy... There is no way I am buying another H3 3D with P3 prices dropping like a rock now and even more after the Holidays... Anyone any idea? Its as if the props are out of balance, bought brand new DJI props same, bought balance threaded rod, all seem fine. When flying I can bring it down and steady the camera by hand video is steady for about 3 seconds then the gell video returns...... I don't get this on my P1 Motors seem fine (Had crash several months ago) all spin freely and are at same height and orientation...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4