Cheap FPV groundstation

Reaction score
I was searching for a bag or box (wasn't really sure :lol: ) to hold my monitor,rx,battery, and wiring for my fpv setup, and ran across a softside "lunchbox" at walmart for $15 that fit the bill perfectly, and I'm even able to pack 4 phantom batteries, the phantom controller, propwrench, spare aa's, etc...

There was mesh between the top and bottom sides, so I cut that out with a razorblade to mount the 7" monitor in the lid. I used the carbon fiber mount that came with the monitor, cut down a little on what would have been the controller end, and riveted those to the top of the case near the handle, and used the monitor mounting bolt through from the outside of the case, through the mount, and into the monitor, making a 3 point mount in the lid...

A little velcro on the outside of the case, and the rx, to mount it on the side during use.

I put the sunshade between the controller/rx and the monitor for now, but I want to cut a piece of foam for around the sticks and switches. Then the sunshade can go over that.

And there it is all ready for the field.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic