Cheap easy antenna upgrade

Reaction score
I bought this pair of antennas and pigtails for $10:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DP64JRG

Ordered Wednesday, received it Friday. This morning I Installed the threaded pieces, put both antennas on and immediately saw improvements on both wifi and controls. IN an open area I had both wifi and controls working to 1,000 to 1,200 feet away. That's not great, but better than before for almost nothing, and most importantly for $10 I'm now set to just purchase any threaded antennas I want to try. I'm sure I can get much better range with special antennae.

20140524-NewAntennas_003-M.jpg

I have the exact same antennas and pigtails and noticed very little diffrenc.
Got them last week and just trying it out now but only got a few gains,hardly any.
Although. I am in a heavy traffic wifi place with trees and power lines...might that be the problem.?
Definetly need to try it in an open field.

I bought them on May 8th. Checked distance the other day with stock P2V. Got out 1050ft and got a screen breakup. I put one on the WiFi extender late this afternoon. Too many trees at my place so I went up not away from me and stopped at 1200ft. Screen held without any loss. I am going to drive "out of the woods" Sunday morning and check in an open area for distance away from me and see what happens. Not sure yet if going to add the other to the controller. Only problem I had was that microscopic connector on the pigtail that goes to the extender board. Did not want to "snap" in place. After calling it a few "choice words" like "good connector", "nice connector", "snap please" it snapped in place.

donniew said:
I've never opened up the transmitter casings... is it difficult or tricky ?
It can be at some points. The biggest problem is getting a "sealer" off the very small connector in the controller. There are several YouTube videos that go through the entire routine. Be sure to watch them several times.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl