Cheap Backpack for P4

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had found a decent backpack that fits the case that the P4 comes in. I figured I could get out buying a really expensive backpack if this is the case.

I bet a 5.11 Rush 72 backpack would fit it, but you might as well wait a week and order from Dronecrates or Goprofessional with the foam insert for $80-120 more. The styrofoam the Phantom comes in is not going to stand up to much use, it is styrofoam that will start peeling and cracking after not so long.

I bet a 5.11 Rush 72 backpack would fit it, but you might as well wait a week and order from Dronecrates or Goprofessional with the foam insert for $80-120 more. The styrofoam the Phantom comes in is not going to stand up to much use, it is styrofoam that will start peeling and cracking after not so long.

If the Rush 72 is the GPC backpack that they put foam inserts into, then yes - it just fits the P4 case. That's what I'm using - my P2 GPC pack with the foam removed. If they release a foam insert that fits that pack I may buy that.

Reactions: Richard in ky
Sandpiper of California makes a "3-Day" pack that fits perfectly. Runs about $50
42e9f4a5a51fc312e733abd9ac3c3ea5.jpg

Might be a bit more expensive at some retailers, but it's a decent pack. Nowhere near as rugged as anything from 5.11 but it does the job cheap

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Santiego
Sandpiper of California makes a "3-Day" pack that fits perfectly. Runs about $50
42e9f4a5a51fc312e733abd9ac3c3ea5.jpg

Might be a bit more expensive at some retailers, but it's a decent pack. Nowhere near as rugged as anything from 5.11 but it does the job cheap

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Just bought this based on your recommendation. This is one tough backpack but I am not able to get my P4 in it. Maybe I am doing something wrong. This is the one I ordered

Reactions: maseman88
Walmart sells the 5.11 backpack under a different name for ~$30 but I can't locate it online.

Someone on the forums posted about it a year ago when the P3 came out.

It was the same pack but with a different logo. The person posted pics of them side by side if I remember correctly.

I assumed that was what you meant but, even if it looked similar, I doubt that it was the same pack simply with a different logo. The 5.11 is $170. More likely to be a cheap clone.

Hi....I purchased a turtle shell backpack from Gearbest for around $30 for Phanton 3. Haven't recieved it yet but seem to be best deal out there.

Reactions: Santiego
I've owned two of these. They are cheap, $30/ea, but the material is much thinner than most backpacks. However, they are super light weight, and mine has worked pretty darn good. These aren't good for long hikes, they have no waist belt, however they are decent for lugging around short trips. I've taken my P3 all over the country by plane as carry on, it's within the FAA limits of 20X14X9". This easily fits my P4 also, but I generally use a Think Tank backpack for that quad. I will say it takes a couple weeks to get these "Chinese Cheapies" from China, and I've had some quality issues, but the vendor has been pretty good at resolving the issue.

image1.JPG image2.JPG Just picked the Pro Craft case for 119 from Amazon. Very good padded quality material used! Holds everything you need. Hip belt. And will fit perfect in an overhead bin.
image1.JPG
image2.JPG

Reactions: John Locke
Hey great info John...Thanks. Now have an idea of what to expect. Should be hood for a starter case/pack.

View attachment 49194 View attachment 49195 Just picked the Pro Craft case for 119 from Amazon. Very good padded quality material used! Holds everything you need. Hip belt. And will fit perfect in an overhead bin. View attachment 49194 View attachment 49195
To me that ProCraft looks like the best value I've seen yet. The materials look great, and the configurability of the inside walls make it very flexible, not to mention roomy. I can easily see it being able to hold the RC with DBS Mod antenna setup.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
One of the Chinese manufacturers who make a hardshell backpack copy on eBay said they'll have one for the P4 on 4/10, but I also saw this to use the shipping case

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-02 at 12.25.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-02 at 12.25.13 PM.png
    549.7 KB · Views: 550
Reactions: rooty0

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4