Cheap antenna boosters- work fine

Yea fNf, this ties directly to an old maxim for fixed point communication systems:
Height (altitude) equals Distance (range), Power equals Penetration (coverage).

The spirit of the Height analogy has to do with the Earth's curvature. Each antenna needs to be high enough to overcome this for the distance between the two points.

Reactions: flyNfrank
Not enough gps? Do Not RTH! At this point select A-mode from the upper leftside of R/C and fly it to you and nowhere else.
Yep, great advice. I practice returning the A/C to me in ATTI mode, following the trace. Just don't want to face a loss of GPS and loss of the A/C!

Well, received the windsurfers yesterday, and flew today. My purpose of these antenna boosters was for clarity and dependability.. And Jeff, thanks for the info on these boosters, cuz you are right, cheap and works fine.. For the first time in ages, I didn't have one blip or glitch.... Amazing... Didn't try to over extend my distance, just ride with confidence in the area I feel comfortable in.
Ended up following a kid on his dirt bike riding a course for the entire battery.... Yahoooooooo

Reactions: Trinimon and Doink

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic