Cheap 4K

I guess it depends on why you bought it. The P3P blows away that quad feature-wise.

Reactions: 750r
DJI Phantom 3 4K Drone

Guess I bought my p3p to early.
There are threads on this already. There are big differences between the P3P and this P3S 4k. The P3S 4k is basically just the P3S with a 4k camera.. a 4k camera for about $200. Advanced (2.7k) to Professional (4k) is.... $200. All prices are still inline for what you get. The P3S 4k is just another option.

Reactions: 750r
There are threads on this already. There are big differences between the P3P and this P3S 4k. The P3S 4k is basically just the P3S with a 4k camera.. a 4k camera for about $200. Advanced (2.7k) to Professional (4k) is.... $200. All prices are still inline for what you get. The P3S 4k is just another option.

Guess I didn't pay enough attention to the detail...back to being happy again. Lol.

Reactions: SCGENE and 750r
Guess I didn't pay enough attention to the detail...back to being happy again. Lol.

IMHO, the A and P are leaps and bounds better machines then the Standards. That is not to say that the Standard is not good or that they fit the bill for a lot of people. The A and P's cost more but you do get a lot of value for that cost.

The P is now nearly $500 more than the A with the current sale.

At that price you could almost buy a 4K and an A and have 2 Phantoms.

Is a camera swap possible?

Is the only difference between the P3P and the P3A the 4K on the pro?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Seriously contemplating buying the Phantom 4K for the Camera for my Advanced and then selling the brand new RC and Body and possibly even breaking even..

If DJI released the P3 in this sequence:
Wifi Standard
Wifi 4K

And then a month later:
LB Advance
LB Pro

THEN I WOULD BE A LITTLE PEEVED!!!

I would buy the Advanced at the same cost ($799) just for the Lightbridge.

The more I read about Lightbridge, it seems it really shines in open space, but I have read that many with Adv/Pro still only get 1KM or so near residential areas.

So, out of the box vs. an antenna MODDED Standard have similar range. Obviously there are other advantages as well over the Standard (camera, VPS, better RC, more mods, etc.), but for some it's not justifiable if you are happy with the camera.

An RC mod for the standard adds $100-150 to the $500 for a standard. Still $200 less than ADV, and like half the price of the PRO.

The more I read about Lightbridge, it seems it really shines in open space, but I have read that many with Adv/Pro still only get 1KM or so near residential areas.

So, out of the box vs. an antenna MODDED Standard have similar range. Obviously there are other advantages as well over the Standard (camera, VPS, better RC, more mods, etc.), but for some it's not justifiable if you are happy with the camera.

An RC mod for the standard adds $100-150 to the $500 for a standard. Still $200 less than ADV, and like half the price of the PRO.
I can get 2 miles easy from my backyard with my P3P without windsurfer and that is with my neighbors trees in the way (leafless due to the season but still in the way)

I wonder what you would get with windsurfer then. It's very cheap. 5 bucks to try. Curious to know. As I think I would upgrade to pro from standard just for the images.

I'm in a heavily wooded area and my advanced out of the box was much better than my standard with DBS mod. With a ITElite on my advanced it is massively better than my standard ever was. I think I'm one of the few who has had both and flown both in the same wooded area with and without upgraded antennas.

I wonder what you would get with windsurfer then. It's very cheap. 5 bucks to try. Curious to know. As I think I would upgrade to pro from standard just for the images.

I do have a windsurfer, I printed this one: DJI Phantom 3 / Inspire 1 Range Booster by giufini and got 50mm copper foil tape from a guitar store on Amazon (you need 100mm tape but I just did 2 rows). I have maxed out my range with the windsurfer just not in my neighborhood. I turned around at 65 percent battery because I like to land at more than 30 percent but I got around 14000 feet out but that was in the salt flats and only 100 feet off the ground. When I use my windsurfer around my house it is just to strengthen the signal, I don't go far with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic