Charging the PS Pro Battery

Reaction score
Well, my Phantom 3 Pro arrived today and to say I'm excited is an understatement.

I was hoping that someone could tell me how do I tell when the battery is fully charged?

Thank you all once again for your help.

Bud

The lights on the battery will shut off when it's done charging. When disconnected from the charger, you can press the button once to see the current charge level.

I read the pamphlet on the Intelligent Flight Battery, so are you saying there's more information on charging the battery in the main book on the Phantom 3 Pro?

Thanks

Bud

you saying there's more information on charging the battery in the main book on the Phantom 3 Pro?
For sure. You can download the Phantom manual from DJI's site here.

Without props on, in your house spend the first charge working your way thru the manual and looking at what it refers to on the P3, its control and the go app.
There are also lots of videos on line.

Reactions: Matchlock
Welcome to the forum and phantom family.
Please utilize the onboard flight SIM before flying, and get a better idea about some of the RC controls as well?

Does RTFM ring a bell? ;-)

RedHotPoker

I read the manual and plugged the battery into the charger. It's been on the charger for over an hour now and the green lights are still flashing in sequence. How long does it take before the lights stop flashing?

Thanks for any help.

Bud

It just stopped after I typed this message. I guess everything is ok.

Thank you anyway. Now I'm off to read the manual I downloaded.

One last thing, do I have to update this Phantom 3 Pro to the latest firmware before flying?

Bud

do I have to update this Phantom 3 Pro to the latest firmware before flying?
No. But, if you'd like to update, you can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.

Check in the Go app under About, to see which firmware versions you have installed on the RC and drone already.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Without props on, in your house spend the first charge working your way thru the manual and looking at what it refers to on the P3, its control and the go app.
There are also lots of videos on line.

Excellent advice, and that's what I'll do, thank you.

Bud

I read the pamphlet on the Intelligent Flight Battery, so are you saying there's more information on charging the battery in the main book on the Phantom 3 Pro?

Not only that but there is _very important_ information that you _need_ to know before flying. There was an indication that you had not read the manual as the information you asked about is mentioned there.

I'm going to print the manual and will read through it as I go through the DJI Go App, and I thank you very much for mentioning it. I had originally thought you meant the little manuals that came with the Phantom but I see there's a lot more critical information in the online manual.

I'm 70 years of age and have a little trouble with reading technical data anymore but I think I'll get through it.

I wish I knew someone near where I live that I could fly with for the first time or two because I think that would be a huge help to me. It may be quite a while before I get it in the air but that's the price you pay for getting old I suppose.

Thanks so much for all your help though, I couldn't have got this far without you kind folks.

All the best to you all.

Bud

When charging your battery power it on before connecting the charger and it will do a top - up as opposed to one in every 10 or so charges plug it in while powered off and you will see a different light sequence discharging before beginning it's typical charge look.

The battery counts how many times it's been charged so this will make that better for you. Always top up to 100% before flying. Some people have taken off at 77% and their battery unexplainably fails because it was cold outside... so just top up every time and avoid that complication completely.

Enjoy the hobby... it's a whole new perspective :)

Bad idea with the Pro, unless you have a fan blowing on the gimbal.
The pro gimbal has it's own cooling fan, which comes on when it gets too warm.
But as an extra precaution, and peace of mind... I place my phantom 3 pro atop an upward facing fan while flying on the onbard SIM or whenever I am tinkering...
This fan actually has two fans, so it's also great for charging two flight batteries at once, or an intelligent flight battery and RC together.
It's all cool, for me. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers