Charging Phantom 2 battery with Phantom 3 charger?

Reaction score
Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone can help me in the fact that I'd like to know if you're able to charge the P2 with a P3 charger? Would it have any after effects with the battery?

Okay, thank you for your reply... Just that I did charge it and for some reason on the battery that I charged with the P3 charger, for some reason when in flight my drone limits itself to a low height, and when I want to give it power sometimes, It just descends from the sky, it's confusing me like mad, I'm going to try and completely discharge the battery and charge it with the P2 charger, see if that resolves the issue.

Okay, thank you for your reply... Just that I did charge it and for some reason on the battery that I charged with the P3 charger, for some reason when in flight my drone limits itself to a low height, and when I want to give it power sometimes, It just descends from the sky, it's confusing me like mad, I'm going to try and completely discharge the battery and charge it with the P2 charger, see if that resolves the issue.

Some like playing with fire.

First, It seems doubtful that you charged a P2 batt. on a P3 charger due to the mentioned difference(s) in the interfaces.
The P2 batt. uses a 3S2P cell configuration and the P3 uses a 4S cell configuration.

You would have likely caused a fire if you were somehow able to 'mash-up' the P2 batt on a P3 charger.

Oh right? But being 100% honest, I did charge the P2 with the P3 charger, and it charged it, unless what I have isn't the P3 charger, but the one I think is the P3 charger has different outputs to the Phantom 2 charger

Yea. You should gather the facts before clinging to a near certain impossibility.

Yea. You should gather the facts before clinging to a near certain impossibility.
Is this enough for you to tell me which one is which?

Attachments

• IMG_1074.JPG
    IMG_1074.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 809
Is this enough for you to tell me which one is which?

Yes, the top one is for the P2.

Notice the output specification is 12.6 volts.

The bottom one's output is 17.4 volts, for the P3.

Why don't you try now that you know which is which?

No worries. But we are done with this as you cannot connect the wrong charger.

Okay, you seem pissed off for some reason? But thanks anyway, have a good day/night, wherever you are in the world

No, NOT pissed. Text messages are poor for context.
I know it's not possible or there would be all kinds of stories about batteries (and homes/workshops) being damaged by improper charging.

I'm in USA BTW.

Happy holidays to you too. ;)

Reactions: leightonh1999
What do you mean by that?

Maybe this video will give you the answer to what I meant by my comment.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: leightonh1999
The width of the p3 charger won't allow you to plug it into a P2 battery (i just tried ) it's smaller by about 3mm or so. But ( I haven't tried) you could plug a P2 charger into a p3 battery.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Another question, can a phantom lose power when it's at a cold temperature, just that it randomly started automatically descending with my "good battery" last night, as in when I tried to give it full power, it limited itself to a certain height and then started coming down at a reasonable speed until it finally managed to get the power it needed... It's cold at night in the UK now, so I'm wondering if that could be the problem

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic