Charging Iphone from remote control P4

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new here and my english is not perfect, but I have P4 and If I connect my Iphone 5s with remote control, he start charging, but after 2 seconds charging is stopped. Can be issue cable I have original for Iphone and normals charging.

Thank you for help

This isn't out of the manual or DJI but my guess is just like any other USB port it initially gives it power but then shuts off when it establishes the link to preserve the controller battery for controller operation.

The controller USB port appears to max out at about 0.45 A. That is not sufficient to charge an iPhone 5 or 6 (or any iPad), and the charging current drops to 0 A. It will charge the iPhone 4, which draws 0.41 A when connected to the controller.

Reactions: Fifty7
This isn't out of the manual or DJI but my guess is just like any other USB port it initially gives it power but then shuts off when it establishes the link to preserve the controller battery for controller operation.
Wow, one of the DJI guys said to me today that it was a bad sign that the "charge icon" went off the screen and I never remembered it staying on but I'm thinking "This IS DJI".

I mean unless there's any special code to provide power to the USB port, it will shut itself off and only provide data operation with the two transmit and receive pins.

Wow, one of the DJI guys said to me today that it was a bad sign that the "charge icon" went off the screen and I never remembered it staying on but I'm thinking "This IS DJI".

0.45 A is not enough for most smart charging circuits in mobile phones, let alone in tablets.

it shows charging but does not charge... what I notice is that the phone battery depletes slower when attached to the RC but it definitely does not charge.

Can't imagine that port is providing nearly enough amps to charge the phone, maybe barely maintain it if anything.
Mine does the same on my Samsung s6 edge. I was a little concerned about draining the battery on my rc

Seems like it is hit and miss. It initially indicates a charging sound but I have never seen it charge either my iPhone 6SP nor my iPad Mini 4. I really do not think this is a problem though.

Don't count on the RC to charge your device. Priority is RC to work as connecting to craft even if device has no more battery. Design evolved, more poweful devices and DJI changes. Basis is; not a problem if RC doesn't charge your device (for some might).

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It charges my note5 not enough to actually increase the charge level but it charges sufficiently to stop it's decreasing in charge level

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers