Charging both battery and RC

Reaction score
DJI manual says you shouldn't charge both remote control and battery at the same time, is anyone here ignoring this and charging both without a problem?

My phantom costs too much for me to ignore the manual...but in my mind the worse thing you would do is fry your charger....

I don't think you would fry your charger.. Each device will just get less current and therefore a slower charge .. I would assume that the charger would know to cap it's own output (possibly not?). DJI recommends not to do that, so I wouldn't. Perhaps a slower charge isn't optimal or good for their batteries, or maybe there's a different reason. But there's some reason leading then to recommend avoiding it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ah, well, it's a valid question. Many people don't know there are additional manuals on DJI's website.

DJI manual says you shouldn't charge both remote control and battery at the same time, is anyone here ignoring this and charging both without a problem?

As was pointed out to me... the manual states the charger may over-heat. With that said, I've done it a time or two with no issues. Since then I've switched the the after-market "blue" charger which will do 3 batteries and the controller at the same time.

"Blue" charger? Perhaps it should be named the "****" charger. :)

The DJI manual does not recommend you do it.
I have read quite a number of people doing it.
I am personally not in a hurry to charge my batteries, so I am sticking to the safe side and not doing it.

Crap, I always do it... Didn't see that in manual... Haven't had any problems yet... Gonna shop now though...
While it doesn't say 'not to ever do it', they don't recommend it either. I hope every operator here has downloaded the manual and read it. I know all you guys did... right? o_O
:D
From the manual -
Screen Shot 2015-12-12 at 8.04.03 PM✨.png

Reactions: dirkclod
While it doesn't say 'not to ever do it', they don't recommend it either. I hope every operator here has downloaded the manual and read it. I know all you guys did... right? o_O
:D
From the manual -
View attachment 37680
Interesting... So it may draw too much current (or more than ideal for the charger)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers