Charging Batteries

I like to charge my batteries within 24 hours of flying. If you're going to wait longer than that, make sure you don't wait to the point where they start auto discharging.

Same, I usually charge the evening prior to my planned flight.

Thanks - I normally wait until I check the weather conditions and am ready to fly but I wanted to see if I could do it sooner.

Thanks - I normally wait until I check the weather conditions and am ready to fly but I wanted to see if I could do it sooner.
You can always do it sooner, but if you have your discharge settings to say 3 days you would obviously want to make sure your flight takes place prior to the discharge process starting.

I thought that batteries should not be kept at full charge for that long?? I'm new at this and just trying to learn.

I thought that batteries should not be kept at full charge for that long?
By default, they will start to auto discharge down to the storage level on their own after 10 days. You can decrease that time frame by changing the "Time to Discharge" setting in DJI GO. You'll need to change that setting while each battery is installed in your Phantom since the setting is stored on the battery.

DJI-GO-Battery-Time-To-Discharge.jpg

The timer starts when the battery is powered down. The timer is reset each time the battery button is pressed (even if you don't fly). So, don't keep pressing the battery button to check if the battery is discharging.

By default, they will start to auto discharge down to the storage level on their own after 10 days. You can decrease that time frame by changing the "Time to Discharge" setting in DJI GO. You'll need to change that setting while each battery is installed in your Phantom since the setting is stored on the battery.

View attachment 83820

Why would 3 days to discharge be better than 10? I'm in the dark here, I do know these P4 batteries have impressed me over the multitude of P2's I've gone thru.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic