Charger Broken?

Reaction score
I've been using my stock balance charger to charge 1x Stock Phantom battery and 2x Turnigy 2200mAh/25-35C LiPo's without any issues until tonight. As soon as I plug the battery into the charger and balance ports, it flashes red from the 1S light to the Main Charge Status light, and does not seem to be giving a solid charge, even though I have the switches set properly (Lipo/3A).

I'll leave it for a little while longer to see if it charges, but it doesnt seem to be working right now. Anyone else have this problem?

the stock charger that comes with the Phantom has 5 LED indicators, 4 of which are S(cell) indicators and one main "charging" indicator. The charging indicator will be lit red if it is charging, it will blink between red and green when almost done, and solid green if it is done charging. If any of the 4 S(cell) LED is blinking, it just means that the charger is "balancing" that S(cell).

Hope this helps

imfuller said:
... even though I have the switches set properly (Lipo/3A).
I read in either the charger manual or the little piece of paper that came with my spare batteries that they should charge at the 2A setting. I seem to recall a dire warning about charging at a higher rate.

Of course that is in contradiction to the DJI unpacking/setup video where he sets it to 3A so who knows.

I've been doing mine at 2A since then though just as a precaution.

auck said:
the stock charger that comes with the Phantom has 5 LED indicators, 4 of which are S(cell) indicators and one main "charging" indicator. The charging indicator will be lit red if it is charging, it will blink between red and green when almost done, and solid green if it is done charging. If any of the 4 S(cell) LED is blinking, it just means that the charger is "balancing" that S(cell).

Hope this helps

That's what it always did before, but now it just flashes from the Red Charge light to the 1S light. That's it, none of 2,3,4s lights flash, and it never makes it to green. I had it charging for well over an hour. Going to take it to the hobby shop and have them look at it, most likely will just pick up a new one.

i recently bought a new battery pack, plugged it in and the 1S LED was flashing for a long while. i just let it go and eventually it got fully charged (charging LED turned green). looks like the new battery pack needed to be balanced. i would take my battery to the shop along with the charger. have you tried to charge a different battery pack to see if you get the same result?

I've tried it with 3 different batteries and and keeps doing the same thing. Flashes 1S to Charge Light. No green, even after an hour or so. I dont want to keep it on there any longer than that in case it damages the batteries.

I'm heading down to a shop shortly, hopefully they'll have some insight on the issue!

Hobby shop wast any help, the guy wasn't familiar with those chargers but they did have a Traxxas lipo charger I got for 20 bucks. It works, but takes almost twice as long to charge. You're probably better off ordered a nicer charger online with a battery meter.

On a similar note, I've been charging my new batteries. All cable connections are appropriate (red on red, black on black). What I have been noticing is that off the bat, the Cell LED lights go off immediately and then turn off while the charging LED shows a blinking green light (blinking at about 2-3 second intervals). After several hours, it still has the green blinking light. I don't see a solid green light. I know by that point, the battery should have been fully charged. Is this indicative of a faulty charger?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.