Charge problem after crash

Reaction score
Hi, after a crash my battery wont charge anymore.
I had a crash and the battery popped out.
After I changed the props and recalibrate the compass I was able to fly again.
So the battery is still working and I can fly with it, also the led lights work after pushing the button.
So when I want to charge it, the leds wont go on and even afther one hour there is still only one led when I check the battery status(one push on button).
I charged my other battery without any problem, so the charger is working fine...
Does anyone know what the problem might be?

I did as you can see in the attachment.
Does it looks good?

Attachments

• battery.jpg
    battery.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 498
Cells are fairly evenly matched. Does the battery show any physical signs of swelling or bulging? You really don't want to have anything to do with a damaged lipo as they can be a real fire hazard. Double check that it physically looks ok. If in doubt don't do any of the following.

The next thing is to try and kick it into charging. Plug the battery into the charger and switch on. If the lights on the battery don't flash as they should when charging then "turn the battery on" as you would in the aircraft (short then long press) - if you then get the flashing lights keep a close eye on it and stay with it while it finishes charging. Then put it back in the aircraft and check battery status again, specifically that the three cell voltages are fairly closely matched. See how you go from there.

The battery looks good, I tried what you said, like connect to the charger and then turn the battery on.
He keeps 1 led, so he only shows his level.
The temperature of the battery keeps cool, so it looks like I have to send it back for guarantee.
Because the battery works fine for the rest.

Might be unrelated, but I had a newish battery (20 discharges) that suddenly wouldn't work.

When I connected it to the assistant software it showed 30,000+ discharge cycles, which is obviously impossible as they're designed for 300, so despite being fully charged and showing four led bars, it wouldn't work.

I sent it back to UAVProducts three weeks ago for a warranty replacement and am still waiting to hear anything back.

Tl;dr - the smart batteries are far from perfect and so is DJI's warranty service....I ended up buying a new battery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers