Charge board with regular lipo charger?

Reaction score
Guys got a 3 battery charge board. Any way to connect it to my powerlab 6 and use that to charge the batteries? I have searched and even tried it but the powerlab throws a fit and wont charge.

I have not done it yet but I know you need to put it in Pe (Lead Acid battery) mode which will output 12v. Search Youtube, I found a good video about it. Just can't find the link right now.

Not with a powerlab. I called and asked. You need a lipo charger with lead acid capability. The Powerlab is limited to 2A for unblanced charges.

For the cost, I just got two extra 100 watt chargers. 120 bucks and I can charge up pretty fast. Amazon might have a solution but you will be getting something from china.

Guys got a 3 battery charge board. Any way to connect it to my powerlab 6 and use that to charge the batteries? I have searched and even tried it but the powerlab throws a fit and wont charge.
This is what I use-- it works fine-- just set it on 17.5 Volts and plug the charge strip straight into the power supply-- you don't need to charge on a battery charger, the smart battery will cut the charge off when it reaches full charge. Hobbyking also has a knock off that is exactly the same power supply.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/HRC4417...cHFZ0hD_TEIgmIuw4e8RfGjBTjIDhanzXShoCaWnw_wcB

Reactions: acherman
The Powerlab 6 & 8 both do lead Acid. See below, taken from their site:

For Battery types: Lithium Polymer (1s to 6s balanced, 1s to 2s unbalanced), Lithium Ion (1s to 6s balanced, 1s to 2s unbalanced), Lithium Manganese (1s to 6s balanced, 1s to 2s unbalanced), A123 (LiFePO4) (1s to 6s balanced, 1s to 8s unbalanced), NiCd (1s to 19s), NiMH (1s to 19s), 6v, 12v, 24v Lead Acid batteries (Flooded, Gel, AGM, SLA).

For Battery types: Lithium Polymer (1s to 6s balanced, 1s to 2s unbalanced), Lithium Ion (1s to 6s balanced, 1s to 2s unbalanced), Lithium Manganese (1s to 6s balanced, 1s to 2s unbalanced), A123 (LiFePO4) (1s to 6s balanced, 1s to 8s unbalanced), NiCd (1s to 19s), NiMH (1s to 19s), 6v, 12v, 24v Lead Acid batteries (Flooded, Gel, AGM, SLA).
All you need is a power supply-- :) not a battery charger-- the voltage has to be set at 17.5 --not over 18.

I was hoping to charge at 24 amps which would be 8 amps each to speed up the charging process.
I don't think the smart battery will allow that much amperage-- because my power supply will put out 30-- noticed when charging that the amperage started at about 8.5 with 3 batteries and tapered down at the end to less than 2 amps until done. About 2.5 hours for 3 batteries-- you definitely cannot fast charge them and I am sure that they were designed that way.

@ 2 amps. have fun with that

I don't think the smart battery will allow that much amperage-- because my power supply will put out 30-- noticed when charging that the amperage started at about 8.5 with 3 batteries and tapered down at the end to less than 2 amps until done. About 2.5 hours for 3 batteries-- you definitely cannot fast charge them and I am sure that they were designed that way.

Hmmm this says 80 minutes to charge all 3 with a 17.5V 15amp power supply. That might be my best bet.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015...Board-with-17-5V-15A-adapter/32362215150.html

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31