Charge at 3A?

Reaction score
Using the stock charger (yes, I've read it's not the best); do you charge at 3A?

Also, have you switched from 1/2A to 3A for example, if you figured out you need to head out and are out of time?

Thanks!

IceFireSoul said:
Using the stock charger (yes, I've read it's not the best); do you charge at 3A?

Also, have you switched from 1/2A to 3A for example, if you figured out you need to head out and are out of time?

Thanks!

I usually stick with the 1A charging rate. No sense starting the house on fire if there's a bad cell in the battery!

;)

Todd

Set an alarm during flight. How many minutes?

At how many minutes do you set your alarm right before you take off? 4 or 5? Let's say with a new pack; the stock one.

it is *recommended* to charge at 1C.
Meaning you should charge a 2200mah battery at 2.2amps or less.

I charge at 2amps typically. If I have lots of extra time, i'll even do it at 1 amp.
people say it will help the battery last longer.

I will fly 6-7 minutes before I bring it close to check on the light to see if battery is low....assuming I have no extra weight on the phantom (no FPV).
If I have fpv gear on it, usually bring it in around 5 minutes to check.

Then again, it always really depends on how you fly. If you full throttle the entire flight you will have less time flying and may want to come back sooner.

I have my count down timer set for 8 minutes and haven't run into any problems. That includes my Zenmuse and being fairly aggressive with my flights.

Also, I don't start the clock running until I arm the motors.

-Todd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

8 minutes?! With stock battery or some monster?

I was thinking today of the same; arm the alarm once I arm the motors. But again, 8 minutes? How do you come back than, failsafe?

From the manual for the DJI Phantom supplied charger:

If the charger is in Max Output Power condition, the charge current will be decided by 20W. For example, when 2A or 3A is selected for the 3S battery, the charge current is only 20w/11v=1.8A actually.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj