Changing WiFi password for P3S question??

Reaction score
Watched 3 vids and read the manual on "password reset" and went thru the motions with mine to no avail. AC is connected and the DJI GO app. is up and running, but when I go to "reset password", I don't get the "spinning wheel" to show it's working to reset it. When I hit the prompt that says "restart drone now?" and hit "OK", nothing happens, just a frozen screen. I would like to change the default password of 12341234 to my own, so someone can't fly-off with mine. What did I miss? Thanks in advance for any help with this. H.P.:(

Watched 3 vids and read the manual on "password reset" and went thru the motions with mine to no avail. AC is connected and the DJI GO app. is up and running, but when I go to "reset password", I don't get the "spinning wheel" to show it's working to reset it. When I hit the prompt that says "restart drone now?" and hit "OK", nothing happens, just a frozen screen. I would like to change the default password of 12341234 to my own, so someone can't fly-off with mine. What did I miss? Thanks in advance for any help with this. H.P.:(
Wow i get this all the time,,I just change mine for example,,make sure rc and AC on,,,I just try this to see and it change straight away..when it say restart I never did,
Screenshot_20190203-112910.jpg
Screenshot_20190203-112933.jpg
Screenshot_20190203-113025.jpg

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Yep, I get the same screens and when I go to the WiFi prompt and change the password, nothing. One thing I just noticed, when I have the camera screen up and at the top, I show "GPS-ready to fly" in green, instead of the "connected" prompt. Does this make a difference? H.P.

Yep, I get the same screens and when I go to the WiFi prompt and change the password, nothing. One thing I just noticed, when I have the camera screen up and at the top, I show "GPS-ready to fly" in green, instead of the "connected" prompt. Does this make a difference? H.P.
OK try enter on settings under your wifi,,to be honest I had trouble just now trying to conect to my new password,,I had to conect this way not the app,where says phantom I had to reenter new password in there
Screenshot_20190203-115647.jpg

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Do I take it that on pressing CANCEL the screen will go away and leave things as they are?
Yes, I believe that's what happened in my case. Every time I put in my new password and hit "OK", the screen would freeze. I then hit "cancel" and the screen would go back to camera/map view, then I would go back to the "password" screen and the "12341234" would still be entered/saved. If you are going to change your password, don't use any symbols (I used the # sign in my new password), it does not recognize symbols. Hope this helps. H.P.:)

Last edited:
OK. I'm afraid I think the hassle (and necessity) of going to the trouble of changing the password are not worth the effort.
What's the point, you are a bit unlucky to leave the gear on a bus, or in a Pub and I don't think you are likely to get mugged for it, not in NE England any-way!

OK. I'm afraid I think the hassle (and necessity) of going to the trouble of changing the password are not worth the effort.
What's the point, you are a bit unlucky to leave the gear on a bus, or in a Pub and I don't think you are likely to get mugged for it, not in NE England any-way!
The idea is that if you are flying your A/C in an area where others are flying, someone with the same model of drone as yours, could be able to take control of it, I.E. the same 12341234 pin #. That's why it's a good idea to change your password. The 12341234 pin is just to get you up and flying with the least amount of hassle. That's the way I understand it, anyways. H.P.:)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik