Changing the LED lights in the P2

Reaction score
So..... I am colorblind. It is very difficult (well, I can not at all) see the difference between the red, orange or green LED lights in the copter. I can fly great but in the start up launch phase in the beginning trying to see if the unit has picked up the proper GPS signals is all but impossible so my wife has to come along to tell me if it's OK to fly. Nothing wrong with that but there will be times when she's not available and I'll want to go fly.

Can the led light bulbs be changed out? Or I was thinking of maybe a touch of blue paint over the green LEDS to that I could see once locked on to GPS. Weird I know but until you are colorblind you'd never know the troubles.

The led's are robotics soldered in and are very small and difficult to change. Sorry, wish I had a better answer for you. No bulbs on this craft.

So..... I am colorblind. It is very difficult (well, I can not at all) see the difference between the red, orange or green LED lights in the copter. I can fly great but in the start up launch phase in the beginning trying to see if the unit has picked up the proper GPS signals is all but impossible so my wife has to come along to tell me if it's OK to fly. Nothing wrong with that but there will be times when she's not available and I'll want to go fly.

Can the led light bulbs be changed out? Or I was thinking of maybe a touch of blue paint over the green LEDS to that I could see once locked on to GPS. Weird I know but until you are colorblind you'd never know the troubles.

I would highly suggest that you invest in a FPV system so that you know how many satellites you have before takeoff and the rest of the telemetry you need to know. The wife can only do so much to help..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20