Changing the glass in a filter

Reaction score
Hey

So I bought a little case for my filters. Ordered some extra uv filters because my current one has a small crack in it. I tried my filter inside the case and it fit well and all, but as I put it in I pushed the glass loose from the frame. So I removed it, cleaned it and put it back, and then I put the black rubber circle over, before putting the filter back on the camera.

Is this enough, or am I supposed to secure the glass tighter to the frame somehow? I'm afraid that when I do fly, the filter will vibrate or so, because it's not put back correct and is a bit loose.

My new filters will be here before I fly again, but still I wonder if putting the glass back in and then screw it on the camera is enough?

Have a good day and happy new year! :)

Hey

So I bought a little case for my filters. Ordered some extra uv filters because my current one has a small crack in it. I tried my filter inside the case and it fit well and all, but as I put it in I pushed the glass loose from the frame. So I removed it, cleaned it and put it back, and then I put the black rubber circle over, before putting the filter back on the camera.

Is this enough, or am I supposed to secure the glass tighter to the frame somehow? I'm afraid that when I do fly, the filter will vibrate or so, because it's not put back correct and is a bit loose.

My new filters will be here before I fly again, but still I wonder if putting the glass back in and then screw it on the camera is enough?

Have a good day and happy new year! :)

When you screw the filter onto the camera the O ring (The black rubber circle) should compress against the glass and the glass should not be loose. Make sure you didn't somehow drop the O ring before screwing the mount onto the camera, the O ring has to be in place for a secure fit and to protect the glass.
Check to see if the filter is screwed fully onto the camera, there should be no gap at all.
In the worst case scenario you may have cross-threaded the filter, in that case unscrew it and check for thread damage and hope that, if there is damage, it is to the filter and not the camera lens.

thank you. i believe that its put on the right way and that the glass sits tight as it should. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31