Changing the Flight Controller....Which one should I use?

Reaction score
I recently crashed my phantom 2 in the river. Here is my previous thread asking for help: http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/water-damage-phantom-motors-wont-sync.43311/#post-396845

It's still not working, but I think it's because the flight controller got damaged in the water. I have a phantom 2 (not vision or vision+). I want to change the flight controller, but I'm getting mixed responses of which one I need to use. One website will tell me that I use the Naza-m V2, while others tell me I can use the same controller as they used on the vision and vision+. I don't think my current controller is the naza-m v2, mostly because it says phantom, not naza. Does anyone have a suggestion of which one I should buy???
Thanks.

Reaction score
For best results, get the "Phantom 2 Flight Controller". You could use a Naza-m V2 or even a Naza Lite, but there will be issues:
- the arm LEDs won't work (you'd need to install an external LED from a P1 or Naza kit)
- (other issues relate to Vision models, such as the gimbal lever not moving the P2V+ camera)
On the plus side, you could use any non-intelligent battery.
If you don't mind these issues, get the Naza Lite (for under $60) and upgrade it (google: naza upgrade).

Reaction score
Is the "Phantom 2 Flight Controller" the same used in the vision and vision+? If no, how do I differentiate between the two? They seem exactly the same. Any links to the exact products is much appreciated.

Reaction score
Is the "Phantom 2 Flight Controller" the same used in the vision and vision+? If no, how do I differentiate between the two? They seem exactly the same. Any links to the exact products is much appreciated.

For reliable answer to your question why not contact a dealer.

Reaction score
I believe they are the same.

Reaction score
I believe they are the same.

Then why didn't say that to begin with instead of the following:

For best results, get the "Phantom 2 Flight Controller". You could use a Naza-m V2 or even a Naza Lite, but there will be issues:
- the arm LEDs won't work (you'd need to install an external LED from a P1 or Naza kit)
- (other issues relate to Vision models, such as the gimbal lever not moving the P2V+ camera)
On the plus side, you could use any non-intelligent battery.
If you don't mind these issues, get the Naza Lite (for under $60) and upgrade it (google: naza upgrade).

Reaction score
Reactions: Arthurgo
Reaction score
To re-iterate, for those who are not clear:
- The Phantom 1 and the Phantom 2 use different flight controllers (Naza-M V2 vs. "Phantom 2")
- The Phantom 2 models (plain, Vision, Vision Plus) all seem to use the same flight controller ("Phantom 2")
In addition, there is also a Naza Lite, which can be upgraded to have Naza-M V2 firmware.

Reactions: Arthurgo

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V8starlet