changing height parameter

Reaction score
I wonder if there is way to change the default height in loss of reception mode?

It is set at 20m, but I'd like it to be higher. Anyone know if it is possible?

Well, I asked DJI.

It is not possible to change the failsafe height of 20m. Which is a shame, hopefully they will make it possible in the future.

Also, the reference is the starting point, so if your phantom goes and explores a hill for example and loses signal, if the hill is more than 20m higher than where it started, the phantom will crash.

I think it is something to keep in mind.

Afaik, if signal is lost at a height above 20m, the Phantom will maintain that height while flying home.

So, unless you flew over a hill and descended out of sight, things will be fine. I think.

Yeah - you can see there on the failsafe page there's no place to enter a custom failsafe height. It would be helpful if they would let you customize that. Not reasonable to think that 20m is some kind of global standard because it sure doesn't work around my neck of the woods (pun absolutely intended.) I need closer to 35m.

And just because I'm flying around at 30m doesn't mean that altitude will work all the way home.

I'd like to see them bring back geofencing with editable failsafe height added as well.

It is a capability that might be added in the future according to DJI, as it is available on other flight control modules in their range, just not the Naza.

Incidentally, the response from DJI was prompt and informative.

@Ton, I seem to recall seeing in the manual that the phantom goes to 20m from whatever height it is, referenced by the starting point. I will have a look tonight.

monoi said:
@Ton, I seem to recall seeing in the manual that the phantom goes to 20m from whatever height it is, referenced by the starting point. I will have a look tonight.

Yes, 20 meters above start altitude, or it maintains height if its above the 20 meters.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4