Change of mind

Reaction score
Hi all, I am currently contemplating purchasing a phantom 3 pro. So I joined this forum hoping to get some good info, however it seems to be all negative!! Nothing but, fly always, no fault crashes, electrical faults and early failure, I have not read every post but during the two hours reading not once did anyone say how reliable and worth the huge outlay. I am not not sure at all about even getting one.
Convince me!!!

This forum represents a very small percentage of Phantom owners. Most of those who are having a good experience do not post here. People generally post here because they are looking for help with resolving some kind of problem. That's pretty much the norm for forums on the Internet though.

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Keep in mind that most people will complain on a forum vs. come here to praise it. Also, lots of people with issues don't have any experience or bother to read the manual.
There is lots of useful information to be gained here. As far as Quads go the Phantom is a good machine at a great price.

Hi all, I am currently contemplating purchasing a phantom 3 pro. So I joined this forum hoping to get some good info, however it seems to be all negative!! Nothing but, fly always, no fault crashes, electrical faults and early failure, I have not read every post but during the two hours reading not once did anyone say how reliable and worth the huge outlay. I am not not sure at all about even getting one.
Convince me!!!
Sounds like you read the wrong posts and got the wrong impression.
Most Phantom owners are out having a blast flying their little white drones.
There's not much to report every time you have a safe reliable flight so very few post about that.

Try going over to this subforum to get a different perspective ... Photos and Video | DJI Phantom Forum
Or read this ...
Any takers on the latest update of DJI GO App | Page 2 | DJI Phantom Forum

The vast majority of flights are routine. No reason to join an innnerwebs forum just to announce that.

I'm fairly certain that most people didn't have problems with their cars today, so you don't see auto repair forums clogged up with, "My car started up this morning and I drove to work! After work, I drove home."

Reactions: SteveMann
I've been flying my P3P for five months, without incident and having a lot of fun. Naturally, people come to this forum to share problems and frustrations, but you shouldn't let it deter you.

The one thing I will add is that all the stories about crashes etc. have made me obsessively careful. It only takes one careless mistake to ruin your day.

Welcome to the forum. As most state, they are very reliable & not many problems. Just make sure you read, understand & ask questions. Make sure you inspect & perform maintenance, you should not have any problems.
Good luck

Reactions: dirkclod
Love my Phantoms. I owned a P2 and loved it... crashed a couple times... both my fault. Now I have 2 P3P's and I love flying them - the only minor issues I have had is from the one off firmware upgrades that aren't perfect... but I think, like many have said, human nature is to normally only come to a forum when you have a problem and rant :)

Lots of us love our drones!

Firstly, do you have any prior experience flying any other quad copters?
If you do, then you should know better that most people only post problems in the forum. If they don't have any problem, they don't usually post, they just go out enjoying flying their quad.
If you don't, then you should not buy a Phantom. Buy a cheap quad like Syma X5C-1 to learn first, because you will crash.

Reactions: Vanjo Grale
I love my P3A so much that I have another one coming next week to replace the one I crashed. Once you experience flying one of these amazing machines you will be hooked.

Firstly, do you have any prior experience flying any other quad copters?
If you do, then you should know better that most people only post problems in the forum. If they don't have any problem, they don't usually post, they just go out enjoying flying their quad.
If you don't, then you should not buy a Phantom. Buy a cheap quad like Syma X5C-1 to learn first, because you will crash.

I second the X5c-1, I've flown for a while now, but I still break out the little drone when I just want to have fun inside and improve my skills. It's much harder to fly than a Phantom since it has nothing assisting you. You can crash it dozens of times, and it still comes back for more. I even let my dog chase and knock it out of the air - he knows not to chew on it once it's "dead" though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31