Change AEB range?

Reaction score
It seems the default AEB setting is 0.7EV+/-. Is there a way to change this? That's really insufficient range for high contrast shots like snow and dark trees. I also don't want to shoot a 5 bracket, as that's an annoyingly large number of pictures to work it. It would be nice to be able to set the bracket range. Is it possible on Go4?

It seems the default AEB setting is 0.7EV+/-. Is there a way to change this? That's really insufficient range for high contrast shots like snow and dark trees. I also don't want to shoot a 5 bracket, as that's an annoyingly large number of pictures to work it. It would be nice to be able to set the bracket range. Is it possible on Go4?
Sadly I don't think so. Even Litchi can't use a different interval - apparently it's hard-coded in the API.

That's lame. Does a 5 five shot shoot +1.4, +0.7, 0, -0.7, -1.4 or does it shoot something in between 0.7 and 0?

A few other threads mention issues if you search for AEB in the forum.. One post said the order and EVs are N, -.7 EV, +.7 EV for 3 bracketed images, and for 5 bracketed images: N, -.7 EV, +.7 EV, -1.4 EV, +1.4 EV

Another issue is that while doing AEB in modes other than Aperture priority, it apparently adjusts ISO and other things to change the EV, which results in terrible noise - or just flat out doesn't change the EV at all. I think the latest firmware may have fixed this in some cases.

Reactions: AyeYo
That would explain why many of my brackets look like garbage and some don't seem to have much exposure change at all. So is aperture priority the preferred mode for shooting AEB? I wonder if the Mavic is doing the same thing, seeing as how it only has options for full manual and full auto. I'd prefer it only changed shutter for exposure change.

I use Litchi for AEB work for this reason. It has many setting options.up to 3.0 EV.

That's news to me - this is on a Phantom 4 Pro? I haven't attempted it with Litchi - but thought that I read a few posts about it being locked into the same intervals as GO 4. Will have to try it out.

That's news to me - this is on a Phantom 4 Pro? I haven't attempted it with Litchi - but thought that I read a few posts about it being locked into the same intervals as GO 4. Will have to try it out.
Yes, it is a P4P, not the +, which I understand can't run Litchi or other apps. I has options 3 captures from 0.3EV to 3.0EB, and 5 captures 0.3EV to 1.3EV. This is iOS version Litchi.

I'm still on firmware 1.03.0509. Litchi no longer has adjustable brackets, apparently some limitation in the DJI firmware. It does however, bracket by changing shutter speed. I just tried it with both .jpg and .dng formats.

That's how it should work... Changing iso, as AFAIK happened in the initial release is completely useless. Seems we are stuck at +/-1.4EV then, not much more, then processing a raw file...

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20