change 5.8Ghz receiver to 2.4Ghz

Reaction score
i have a question about changing the original 5.8Ghz receiver in a phantom 2 vision to a 2.4Ghz receiver
if i have another DJ6 transmitter.

i did a physical change and bind the TX and whn plugged phantom to a laptop everything seems to be working
but when trying to power up nothing happens.

is the naza in phantom 2 vision same as inside phantom 2 only or am i missing something?

the reason i am doing this is because i prefer range on 2.4ghz over short distance 5.8ghz.

if anyone knows please let me know.
thank you

hunch said:
i have a question about changing the original 5.8Ghz receiver in a phantom 2 vision to a 2.4Ghz receiver
if i have another DJ6 transmitter.

i did a physical change and bind the TX and whn plugged phantom to a laptop everything seems to be working
but when trying to power up nothing happens.

is the naza in phantom 2 vision same as inside phantom 2 only or am i missing something?

the reason i am doing this is because i prefer range on 2.4ghz over short distance 5.8ghz.

if anyone knows please let me know.
thank you

You change the frekvens on the transmitter, and then binding with Phantom, - done !
Receiver Works both in 5,8 & 2,4 Ghz

You need to open the assistant software and recalibrate with new controller. I had the same issue.

thanks guys.
i did that and bound to new DJ6 TX and worked like a charm now.

BWJ,
are you saying the the TX that came with the vision works on both 2.4 and 5.8ghz ??

hunch said:
thanks guys.

BWJ,
are you saying the the TX that came with the vision works on both 2.4 and 5.8ghz ??

Yep, you can switch remote between 2.4 and 5.8ghz and rebind with Phantom.
CE/FCC on page 12 in manual.

BWJ said:
hunch said:
thanks guys.

BWJ,

Yep, you can switch remote between 2.4 and 5.8ghz and rebind with Phantom.
CE/FCC on page 12 in manual.

The CE/FCC pot does not change the frequency.

It changes the strength of the TX to comply with local laws.

After switching from CE to FCC the TX is still 5.8

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4