Central Park NY

Reaction score
Anyone know the rules of flying in Central Park NY?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Source: §1-04 Prohibited Uses : NYC Parks

§1-04 Prohibited Uses

e. Aviation

No person shall voluntarily bring, land or cause to alight within or upon any park, any airplane, balloon, parachute, hang glider, or other aerial device, except that certain areas may be designated appropriate landing places for medical evacuation helicopters. For the purposes of this subdivision (e), voluntarily shall mean anything other than a forced landing caused by mechanical or structural failure of the aircraft or other aerial device.

Then this seems to contradict the above:
Where can people fly drones legally in NYC? - Quora

Not an iLawyer, just sayin'!

Source: §1-04 Prohibited Uses : NYC Parks

§1-04 Prohibited Uses

e. Aviation

No person shall voluntarily bring, land or cause to alight within or upon any park, any airplane, balloon, parachute, hang glider, or other aerial device, except that certain areas may be designated appropriate landing places for medical evacuation helicopters. For the purposes of this subdivision (e), voluntarily shall mean anything other than a forced landing caused by mechanical or structural failure of the aircraft or other aerial device.

Then this seems to contradict the above:
Where can people fly drones legally in NYC? - Quora

Not an iLawyer, just sayin'!

The link you added also say

"Some great places you could fly your drone in the areas that they are not banned are Central Park, Marine Park and Battery Park. "

So I assume the answer is yes :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You assuming the answer is Yes is confirmation bias.
That's what you want to believe.

Here is some more recent 'reviews':
NYC Drone Flying

Reactions: AJAX-14
You assuming the answer is Yes is confirmation bias.
That's what you want to believe.

Here is some more recent 'reviews':
NYC Drone Flying
I love that! "Confirmation Bias" comment. Again we read someone here essentially saying "I read it on the internet so it must be true." I mean really? Who wrote that article; did they cite any authoritative source or authority? No. You're the pilot, you're responsible, so do your due diligence. It's not rocket science, look it up...

The best COA is always seek the information from the authoritative source in your area.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31