CE and FCC versions

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 2.4GHz ground station.
I see there are two modes, CE and FCC. The FCC mode is almost twice the range of the CE mode.
How do you change between the two modes? From what I can tell the default mode is CE. As I am not in Europe, I am permitted to use the FCC mode, but can't find any information on how to switch over.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Rob.
P2V+GS - New Zealand.

Hey,
Thanks for the rely. I was talking about changing the range mode for the Ground Station, not the remote controller.
Do you have any ideas on that?
Cheers
Rob.

Oops, sorry - not familiar with Ground Station

I received an answer to this issue from DJI.
The short of it is that it is not possible to change the mode of the data link from CE to FCC. But in order to get FCC range you only need to change the ground unit of the data link. The air side unit is the same for both FCC and CE. Not sure how easy it is to buy just the ground side unit, but DJI have indicated to me that it is possible.
I think I'll just stick to my CE version, as it is giving me a good 1km radius range which really is more than enough.

Cheers
Rob.

Out of curiosity I opened mine up to see if there was any redundent parts that might suggest the difference between a CE version and a FCC version.

If you remove the RF module there is a second antenna socket. I'm unable to see if this is a second output or if it's merely a port for use as a diversity antenna. If someone who has purchased a FCC version, mine is CE, is brave enough to open up their unit to see if the antenna connection is on the oposite port to mine?

Regards

Nidge

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 715

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member