CBD building facade inspection

Reaction score
Hi guys
We are struggling to get an aircraft up in the air with a GPS lock in a CBD environment.
Trying to inspect a building facade which is 12 storeys high. The aircraft simply does not get a GPS lock.
Can fly manual but CASA would not permit that.
Has anyone tried similar missions?

Any clues how this problem can be solved?

We are struggling to get an aircraft up in the air with a GPS lock in a CBD environment.
Trying to inspect a building facade which is 12 storeys high. The aircraft simply does not get a GPS lock.

Any clues how this problem can be solved?
The building you are inspecting is going to block a lot of the sky (and satellites).
Any other tall buildings around will block more.
Even if you could find enough sats in the small part of the sky that you have, the geometry is likely to be poor (you need a spread rather than sats clumped together).
Without sufficient sats, atti mode is all you have.
And the Phantom will be subject to drifting with the wind that can get funneled through the city canyons.
Obstacle avoidance won't work without GPS.
The safety of pedestrians below would have to be considered if the drone could clip a building and crash
Another issue to consider would be the altitude limit when flying in atti mode (30 metres if you disable VPS).

Drones are great for lots of things ... but they do have their limits.

There are phone apps that show and tell you how many satellites are at the location you are standing. That may help some. Also when I have that problem I fly up to a point in atti/ sport mode that I receive satellite connection.

Look into droneharmony app. if you look closely the monthly subscription option has a prebuilt building facade function. You can build the mission prior to flight and also get a full 3D simulation to check clearances.

How does this help with the OP's problem of GPS lock?

I have no idea how could you solve this problem, but I would like to talk about CBD, as this is always a current topic.
People say that CBD should be interdicted and also, they consider that CBD products, bring nothing but troubles, but I used CBD oil myself, and I can tell for sure that CBD oil is incredibly useful and can help heal many health issues including cancer, depression.
I used CBD oil as a pain-relieving product, and it helped me a lot.
First, I was afraid to use CBD oil, but later, my doctor convinced me to take it, and also, he recommended this online store Budget Buds - Online Cannabis Dispensary Canada, where I could buy high-quality marijuana products.

I have no idea how could you solve this problem, but I would like to talk about CBD, as this is always a current topic.
People say that CBD should be interdicted and also, they consider that CBD products, bring nothing but troubles, but I used CBD oil myself, and I can tell for sure that CBD oil is incredibly useful and can help heal many health issues including cancer, depression.
I used CBD oil as a pain-relieving product, and it helped me a lot.
First, I was afraid to use CBD oil, but later, my doctor convinced me to take it, and also, he recommended this online store Budget Buds - Online Cannabis Dispensary Canada, where I could buy high-quality marijuana products.
My pain must be too bad. It was a waste of money for me. Did nothing. I think olive oil would have done better for me.
The quality was there. Mine was bought from a pharmacy.

Maybe you should use a different CBD oil. There are so many different companies selling that stuff, and it's worth it checking them out. That is one of the reasons I like reading reviews on Is CannaWholesalers Legit? Think TWICE Before Buying From Them. They give you an idea of how a certain online store works and what quality their product is.
Some online stores sell bad stuff, and they must be avoided. Reviews like these will help your know better which store to avoid.

Last edited:
Reactions: WV. Rootman

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic