Caution Strong Interference

Reaction score
I know this has been a huge topic in the past but what im worried about is how concerned do I have to be about this error causing me problems during flight. In other words how critical can this situation be flying the AC?

You will loos the GPS correction, so UAV will drift a lot. It's time to learn how to really ride the bird without any help :)

note: start on openfield and disable manually GPS (atti mode), good luck !

You will loos the GPS correction, so UAV will drift a lot. It's time to learn how to really ride the bird without any help :)

note: start on openfield and disable manually GPS (atti mode), good luck !
I disagree, this error doesn't have anything to do with GPS.

Please read this thread.
Strong Interference Detected: Risky?
@Meta4 answers are always solid.

Rod

Reactions: grin factor
I'v got couple of time "strong interference" and always the same thing happen, my drone switch to ATTI mode and start to drift.

Exemple: i was flying near big "windmill" or "wind turbine", there are made with IRON and produce electric field. i have to fly the UAV in atti mode, GPS mode was impossible.

I know that i still got GPS positionning working on the drone, but the GPS correction that make my drone stable (not drifting) was not working anymore.

hope it clarify a bit my tought !

Reactions: RodPad
Cool, I and maybe some others would love to see one of your flight logs when this happens. :)
We are always learning, I think I recall somebody else stating this, you got over 200 posts, had you posted this problem on any other threads?

I did a search with you name and "interference"
Search Results for Query: interference | DJI Phantom Drone Forum
I didn't get anywhere.

I would look to fly around some orchard frost fans, but was more worried about the wind they create, than the signal problems.

As I understand if the Compass and GPS have conflicting data, then the Phantom will go into Atti.
The strong interference message is associated with WiFi.
I think its maybe only on a P3S/4K?

Your log file might actually show what happened.

@Frank Pliska III , or others as stated, Learning to fly in Atti should be learned.
A very good procedure is to go up to the flying height,
Flip it to Atti, watch how fast it drifts with the wind and on the app.

Something that could have saved me from a crash.
It ran out of battery dropped from the sky about 700' away. :rolleyes: :eek:

Rod

HD, is really vague, sorry nothing there. :rolleyes:

I can't find my flight log from when I had the error message this would have been about February 2016, I kind of have them scattered on many computers and devices. :rolleyes:

If you can upload your flight log to here.
You have to use a computer. :rolleyes:

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

You will get more data like this.
Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
This was a battery test I did the other day.

I have been recently looking a logs in a spreed sheet, but that's another twist.

Rod

I will look on my tablet (Nexus 7) if the log are still there.

I will upload to the PhantomHelp log site (for the science).

We are in the learn, right ?

thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg
You can share you log on HD, and then you or I can download it, but I haven't had the time (figure it out) to get it to the logger that @msinger made.

I looked and mine is still on HD not that it is any help.
I haven't really been using HD since they put a limit on there system, Yeah I'm cheep.

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones
I marked to enable download so I will try a CSV and put it in a spread sheet. I tried a few days to upload somebody's else log as a csv to the phantom logger with no luck.

Rod

Hum,
I guess we took over this thread, hope the OP comes back. ;)

Rod

I'v got couple of time "strong interference" and always the same thing happen, my drone switch to ATTI mode and start to drift.
Example: i was flying near big "windmill" or "wind turbine", there are made with IRON and produce electric field. i have to fly the UAV in atti mode, GPS mode was impossible.
I know that i still got GPS positioning working on the drone, but the GPS correction that make my drone stable (not drifting) was not working anymore.
There are two kinds of interference.
If you get a warning of strong interference, it relates to radio signal interference.
That's other wireless signals on nearby frequencies and it won't have any effect on your GPS reception.

What you describe is something quite different.
If you ever see it again, the warning will be about magnetic field interference.
i-rrXCNS6-M.png

This is a "compass error" which means the compass has detected a magnetic field quite different from the earth's normal magnetic field.
When the compass can't tell direction properly and is giving data that conflicts with GPS data, it ignores the GPS data and your Phantom is in atti mode.
Flying back away from the distorted magnetic field should eliminate the problem.

Reactions: RodPad

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4