CAUTION, scammers will do it to you

Reaction score
Friend recently purchased a P2V+ camera/gimbal with a slightly bent yaw arm. Upon arrival, found the camera was broken off and glued in place for the photo. No mention of that of course in the description.
$149.00 gone. Be extra careful when buying anything here from sellers who have very recently joined the forum.

Reactions: riverphantom3
Friend recently purchased a P2V+ camera/gimbal with a slightly bent yaw arm. Upon arrival, found the camera was broken off and glued in place for the photo. No mention of that of course in the description.
$149.00 gone. Be extra careful when buying anything here from sellers who have very recently joined the forum.
Who was the seller? The moderators will be sure to ban them. It might not be a total loss as I have sold single parts from that gimbal at my dealership for decent $'s. Heck the cam if it works is worth at least $80.00. Maybe there's a chance to recover some of the loss.
Most of us are sure to get as much info as possible about a member who is selling something here. It go's with being sure with real up close pictures and complete phone contact via thru PM's. Know what your getting in detail! I have not seen many threads about scams of this type here on the forum.

Was it purchase here? If so please send me the information privately. Thanks.

Reactions: Drone Master
Idea: if a new member is selling to a long term member, only allow them to sell if they will ship before payment is sent....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Idea: if a new member is selling to a long term member, only allow them to sell if they will ship before payment is sent....

Well, that's a long shot! Re vamp the classified section with these new rules and with a possible chance of prosecuting the member. then maybe. That's just my opinion. The Admins like LuvMyTJ Will investigate and make the appropriate changes if needed.

Interesting! Now this thread suddenly is in the Off Topic Section? It just was on the classifieds a few minutes ago?
Oh! I hate it when that happens.. TJ?:eek:

Reactions: 185EZ
I'm the OP, but, since I was not the actual purchaser, I don't feel that I should name the seller. I posted as a reminder to others to be super careful, there are some people out there that will do this do you.

I'm the OP, but, since I was not the actual purchaser, I don't feel that I should name the seller. I posted as a reminder to others to be super careful, there are some people out there that will do this do you.
Ok then.your saying that you want to be screwed again by hiding a scammer that you possibly know? I don't get it.

Reactions: 185EZ
I know this might seem a silly idea, but I've noticed that there are a few long serving members/admins on these boards.

My point is you have possibly built up a rappor with these people over time, if a newbie was selling something then maybe one of these old hands could be a security middle man.

For example: Joe Bloggs is selling a camera and gimbal, but Joe's new to these boards, the long serving member could have the money sent to their PayPal for holding pending confirmation of the products condition, a photo of the product or other evidence could then be sent to that person of trust to confirm the real state and the money then gets transferred to the seller if all is good.

It would require somebody to manage the transaction but could possibly help to avoid these kinds of issues.

I know this might seem a silly idea,
I think you summed it up. Lol

Are you going to apply for the job.
Full Time.
No Pay.
Full Forum Benefits!

I've not been here long. So I wouldn't put myself forward.

It's a big ask of the person to be trusted, but I've never turned down doing a favour simply because there was nothing in it for me.

Just food for thought.

Just because someone has been on a forum a long time doesn't guarantee they are an honest person... I've been on a few sites over the years where a long-time member who even had quite a few positive feedbacks failed to live up to their end of the deal...

While it doesn't help with honesty, at least it would get rid of those (possibly) that are only on this site to sell things. I think like some other sites have imposed, you must have a certain number of "real" posts like 15-25 before you are able to sell in the classifieds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.