Caution msg.

Reaction score
Ok you smart guys. I went to my local school and when I got up a little ways I got a msg "caution interference in your area don't fly too far" or something like that. There were quit a few houses and I assume that most if not all have wifi. Is that why I got the msg on my P3s? Will the P3A act the same way? And what is the possibility of my P3S flying away? I don't get that msg when I fly where I live but most everyone out here live on 5 or more acres. Don't want to lose this one.

Ok you smart guys. I went to my local school and when I got up a little ways I got a msg "caution interference in your area don't fly too far" or something like that. There were quit a few houses and I assume that most if not all have wifi. Is that why I got the msg on my P3s? Will the P3A act the same way? And what is the possibility of my P3S flying away? I don't get that msg when I fly where I live but most everyone out here live on 5 or more acres. Don't want to lose this one.

I believe this is cause by metal structures in the area.

It's probably radio interference rather than metal.
Large steel objects would give a compass error.
I've had to launch in a few places with that message but on flying away from the source of the interference, everything was fine.
Just be aware that your viewing and controls might be patchy if you stay within the interference.

I had the same thing last week flying near a school in the large parking lot after hours...weird!

Yes that is weird. I fly at the high school and jr. high school. This time I was at a grade school. All of these schools are within a mile of each other. The only difference is the grade school is closer to a neighborhood. Thats why I was speculating that the wifi was coming out of the homes.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic