Cashing and using maps on a wifi only tablet?

Reaction score
I purchased a WiFi only mini iPad 2 to use with my P3 for when it finally arrives. I was wondering how you cash your maps at a new location with a WiFi only tablet? Do you have to link it to your cell phone hotspot? If so after you have cashed the map can you unlink it and still have the maps and gps work in the app? Do you want to keep WiFi on or turn it off? Thanks for any help.

cell phone as a hotspot--after you load the map, turn the Wifi off before you activate and fly. The maps work great with the wifi off after they are captured on the app.

Reactions: PhotoGuyAaron
cell phone as a hotspot--after you load the map, turn the Wifi off before you activate and fly. The maps work great with the wifi off after they are captured on the app.
Thanks a lot! I am very new at this. Only have flown toy UAV's so far.

I have the map cashed of where I am going to fly by zooming into it on the app from home. Is this good enough? Or should I still hotspot at the location? Bluetooth and WiFi are off but it still shows the location map.

I have the map cashed of where I am going to fly by zooming into it on the app from home. Is this good enough? Or should I still hotspot at the location? Bluetooth and WiFi are off but it still shows the location map.
Yes that's fine, you can either cache at home if you know where you will be flying or at the location, i think google maps will cache on your phone/tablet for up to 30 days. Make sure to zoom in on all the surrounding areas.

Reactions: snowghost
Thanks just learned some good tips. Haven't taken the P3 away from the house yet (only one battery and no case yet).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.