Case

Reaction score
Looking for opinions on inexpensive cases for the P3A (or opinions on lessons learned and what to stay away from). Prefer to be able to keep the props on it and also prefer that it can withstand at least a rain shower.

Will need to be shipped to Canada.

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions.

Unfortunately I don't have an inexpensive option for you but I really enjoy the case I have. Spending just a little bit more gets you the added protection, storage capacity to fit optional accessories, and waterproof enclosures. Good luck

This one is mine for $199

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1439946692.810023.jpg

I purchased this case from supplier in UK before trip to Turkey and fits everything you need like a glove including ipad, extra blades and 3 batteries. I'm sure you can purchase from most suppliers like amazon etc http://www.rclegends.co.uk/b-w-type61-black-phantom3-case

Was it carryon or checked luggage? I'm trying to decide what to do with mine on my first-ever flight this coming september. I have the DJI hard case, but don't trust it as a checked bag, so will prob pack it in a small hardshell suitcase for checked luggage.

Thanks xave. What type of case is it? Where did you purchase it and is it a backpack style (looks like it might be)?

I purchased this case from supplier in UK before trip to Turkey and fits everything you need like a glove including ipad, extra blades and 3 batteries. I'm sure you can purchase from most suppliers like amazon etc http://www.rclegends.co.uk/b-w-type61-black-phantom3-case

I have the same case B&W?

I dont use it as much since I got the original back pack, so much easier to carry around.

I paid £165 about 2 weeks ago :(

But it definately is a solid case and safe case.

Was it carryon or checked luggage? I'm trying to decide what to do with mine on my first-ever flight this coming september. I have the DJI hard case, but don't trust it as a checked bag, so will prob pack it in a small hardshell suitcase for checked luggage.

I brought mine on as hand luggage without any problem though please check the airline for hand luggage sizes as they all seem slightly different in UK and I thought at the time of purchase they would have been the same standard which wasn't the case - excuse the pun!

I've actually got the backpack one sitting at home waiting on my return from Turkey but it didn't arrive on time before departing so I had to run out local and buy the hard shell which does carry quite a weight if carrying a distance. Will check out the backpack and maybe put one or the other up for sale myself

Reactions: D4T_PoM
I live in the US, and the level of paranoia here is quite high, as you may know. I was even advised that the props could be confiscated as potential threats/weapons. <sigh> Truth be told, I will need to check it, because I carry substantial camera gear in my carryon. I suppose I am looking for a success story from someone who has checked their copter and had it survive to fly again ... I will let you know, as I am flying west to film the spectacular Great Plains and Rocky mountains in the fall foliage season, provided my P3P survives the baggage handlers. Happy flying to you, and thanks for the response!

I've actually got the backpack one sitting at home waiting on my return from Turkey but it didn't arrive on time before departing so I had to run out local and buy the hard shell which does carry quite a weight if carrying a distance. Will check out the backpack and maybe put one or the other up for sale myself

You will love the back pack but hate it too because of props.

You will see what Im on about lol

Looking for opinions on inexpensive cases for the P3A (or opinions on lessons learned and what to stay away from). Prefer to be able to keep the props on it and also prefer that it can withstand at least a rain shower.

Will need to be shipped to Canada.

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions.

I highly endorse "Drone Crates" I have the hard case and it is GREAT!

Reactions: Kris@DroneCrates
You guys should check out the DJI hard case. Surprisingly small and lightweight ... and cheaper than the prices I've seen posted here. Mine was $150.

I also have the DroneCrates case from Kris.
He is a member here and is great to work with.
Had it shipped to Canada no problems.
It's awesome.

Reactions: Kris@DroneCrates

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl