Case that can hold a phantom 2 and DSLR?

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with a case that can hold a phantom 2 w/ h3-3d gimbal + controller + a full frame DSLR and possible a lens that would fit in the overhead of a plane?

This might be a tall order but any direction would be appreciated.

I think if you search youtube there is a guy who lifts a DLSR with a P2 or P1.. without a gimbal.. The flight time is horrible and it was really hard to control.

A whopping 1 min of flight time with a 50mm lens..
Ha, and I just re-read your post.. duh..lol. Looking for a case for a phantom and DLSR.. lol. Sorry about that!

MontanaMike said:
A whopping 1 min of flight time with a 50mm lens..
Ha, and I just re-read your post.. duh..lol. Looking for a case for a phantom and DLSR.. lol. Sorry about that!

haha. no problem.

btw, I was thinking about your case issue and I have a pelican 1560 case that I use for my P2, batteries, FPV.. it's dimensions are carry-on size, plus it has wheels and slide out handle. 20.37" x 15.43" x 9.00" (51.7 x 39.2 x 22.9 cm)

Depending on the accessories you have with the phantom, and lens you want to have on your DSLR, you could probably squeeze it all in a case like this. In the photo, instead of having the batteries where they are, put a DSLR sitting on it's back, lens up.. Batteries might have to go in a checked luggage anyways i think, but not sure..In any event, one also could move the batteries around and make space for all of it I think.. Good idea too, because I travel a lot with a DSLR.

I love the case. Durability and protection is not a question, and you can customize the inserts. A new foam insert is 20$ I think. Having 2 inserts for different needs, situations might work.

Attachments

• IMG_6759.JPG
    IMG_6759.JPG
    433.9 KB · Views: 535
ps, and If I felt like taking off props for travel and move the phantom closer to one side of the case, I know I could fit it all in, and maybe even a couple DSLR lenses..

Yeah the 1560 can hold a lot and easily customized to your needs. Just don't try to fly with that camera attached, I don't see that ending well! New foam is actually closer to $40-50 but you can also get a hard foam insert that can be cut out. B&H is a great place to pick these up.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj