Case Question - Am I Overthinking?

Reaction score

I just bought a case for my Standard. Everything fits fine but the controller. When I slide the controller all the way down the sticks need to move inwards about the same as their diameter, see picture. The return springs are not calibrated so I don't see any harm.

I can always cut the foam. A REALLY dumb question so I'm glad I'll probably never meet any of you in person!.

I am in the habit of not storing a camera with the shutter cocked as I was told damage could result. The return springs are not really that delicate I suppose.

I would trim the foam to accommodate a neutral stick. I've custom cut my case foam to accommodate extra equipment. That's the nice thing about foam.

Just a side note. I had to fly Delta to a job this past month and I had intended to carry on the phantom case -- only to discover that it was not within their allowable carry-on dimensions. So my Plan B was to use a small carry-on and backpack for clothing, laptop equipment, and lithium batteries and place the Pelican case with drone into a large suitcase and check it. (I didn't want the Pelican case checked on its own and opted for more protection by placing it inside of the larger suitcase. Made it through the checked baggage process fine.

Last edited:
It's in right. I'll just trim it.

Or just put a piece of foam under the transmitter to raise it up a bit. I had the same problem in my Nanuk 950 case. I just used an extra piece of foam from one of my Pelican pluck foam cases.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20