Case or backpack.

Reaction score
Would like to know what the community thinks. I have a phantom 3 pro and am looking to either get a Nanuk 945 dji or the official dji backpack. We go caravanning some weekends and would take the phantom along possibly visiting sandy beaches where the case could be used as a take of and landing pad. But also the advantages of the back pack been more easy and portable when we are out and about. What do you guys think?

I have both, but tend to use the backpack more often. The hardcase I use for professional shoots I do as I can fit a computer and a whole bunch of other stuff in there too (I don't have one with cut-foam, but rather with dividers so I am able to fit more). The backpack I use when there will be any form of walking on uneven surfaces, long distances, or when I just need the Phantom, batteries, and nothing else. It is all about use-case, but I find the backpack to be useful in many more situations than the hardcase.

Reactions: Fplvert
I have the go professional case and the dji hardcase backpack. I only use the backpack now. Took the family to the mountains and hiked up the top of a mountain with the backpack and flew off the mountain down to a waterfall, just awesome! And last Wednesday I hopped on my jet ski and rode out to a island with the back pack on and found a nice spot to park and fly around, hoping to spot a shark or dolphins no luck. Yeah Im thinking of selling my go professional case because its bulky and not as convenient.

I have both the Tradecraft hard case and the Official DJI hardshell backpack. Like the others have said, the backpack is more practical day to day but we just got back from 3 weeks in Ireland and I would never do any air travel without the Tradecraft case.

Thanks chaps I was kind of thinking the same. The case looks the business but not as practical as the back pack.

Case is almost a must if you will take your phantom on a plane. Case does give you a little more protection but ofcoz bulky at the same time. The case that i have is waterproof and have a pressure release valve for air travel.

Reactions: CasePro
I have the B&W case and awaiting the official DJI back pack to get delivered tomorrow or Monday.

The back pack will be a lot easier to carry as the B&W is a heavy and bulky case and regret it for the fact that I should of gotten the wheeled one instead.

Don't think I'll be doing any flying anytime soon. So backpack it is.

Hard cases are nice if you're traveling by car, boat, ect., but I've found the backpack works best for air travel (as carry-on). My hard cases are too big for carry-on, and I don't trust TSA or baggage handlers.

No offense ment towards them if they are here.;)

Hard cases are nice if you're traveling by car, boat, ect., but I've found the backpack works best for air travel (as carry-on). My hard cases are too big for carry-on, and I don't trust TSA or baggage handlers.

No offense ment towards them if they are here.;)

Yep here's me with my Go Professional Limited Edition Backpack used as Carry on with my Phantom 3 tucked neatly inside.

I don't think hard cases are necessary for most of us. Go with the backpack. And for launching on rough surfaces or beaches, that's hand catch and hand hand take off.

Reactions: Kiaboy and Fplvert
I have the goprofessional hard case and hardshell backpack. On occassion I use the hard case as a launch pad when the ground is uneven or dusty. The GPC case has wheels and a handle so,you can drag it around.

Airplane travel, safari, filming the anniversary of the Ferguson shooting = hardshell
My life = Tan Microraptor Backpack

If you foresee checking it as luggage at airports; hardcase.

Every other scenario; backpack.

A lot of people would rather take the P3 as carry-on luggage on the plane. But this gets complicated if you're carrying more expensive gear. If you have 5K camera and 6K in lenses, you probably want to take that as a carry-on instead of a 1.5K P3.

Hard shell backpack all the way and never look back. Super compact, light weight, durable, and you can even carry on a plane.

Ordered Dji Backpack should be here Tuesday. I look forward to it. [emoji3]

I too am on the fence on this choice. Does the DJI hard shell fit in the overhead on most planes?

Yes.

12.5 x 17.6 x 9" or 31.8 x 44.7 x 22.9 cm
Delta carryon rule is 22" x 14" x 9" or 56 x 35 x 23 cm. Other carriers may vary.

Reactions: Nemesis88

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj