Case for P2 with gimbal attached?

FASTFJR said:
Does anyone have a case they are using with the Phantom 2 with gimbal attached?

Thanks

I've just ordered one like this.

You can shape it how you need by plucking out the foam cubes. As the depth is adequate, the P2, Gimbal, and GoPro should fit fine – as long as you shape it well, the gimbal will be well protected.

Check out eBay, there are quite a few suitable cases for sale. I've noticed there are some (quite pricey) cases knocking with purpose made laser-cut foam for the DJi's, but tbh that's overkill for me and I'd prefer to be able to design the foam how I need.

These are the sort of specs for the pictured unit:

External Depth: 220mm
External Length: 570mm
External Width: 420mm

Internal Depth: 195mm
Internal Length: 505mm
Internal Width: 355mm

Hope that helps ; )

$_12.JPG

These cases will not fit. You need a depth of at least 9" to have some little padding top and bottom. I have one for my vision which is 8 1/2 deep and had to remove top and bottom layer except for 1/2 inch.

rmklaw said:
These cases will not fit. You need a depth of at least 9" to have some little padding top and bottom. I have one for my vision which is 8 1/2 deep and had to remove top and bottom layer except for 1/2 inch.

Should be fine, the internal depth doesn't count the lid, but yeah it will be fairly tight – not the best if you intend to ship around on planes (not my intention). Have you seen a case like this in the flesh?

$_12.JPG

Ksc said:
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/22-14355

Take off the props and this fits perfectly. Props take but a moment to remove so its not a big deal. Use coupon code: BCKTEN

Thanks, good idea but I would prefer something a little deeper. Would also like to have enough room for an extra battery or two and my go pro stuff

Ksc said:
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/22-14355

Take off the props and this fits perfectly. Props take but a moment to remove so its not a big deal. Use coupon code: BCKTEN

Looks like the exact same case as I bought/posted above. That's a great price you can get on it for in the States!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4