case damaged

Reaction score
hi,
i just had a crash with my ph. vision 2+ and i think one of the arms has been bended but i'm not sure.
the propellors on one side are closer to the case as the other 3, but the other vary in distance to the case too.
i tested if he still flies but it's still stable so i hope it's nothing to bad.
i added a picture so you get a better idee of what i mean.
the left propellor is nearly touching the case and the right one still has a large opening.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 398
To confirm swap opposing props, if result is same then you bent the arm. Two options then - some have used heat guns to straighten them out with some success. The other option is to reshell it, pretty simple and shell is $60 US

i got the top case off, and 1 arm is indeed a little bended, but its still flying normally, so i'm just gonna keep it this way for now, and if i had enough practice i will order a new case. thx for the quick responce

Heat gun or hair dryer may help putting it back straight, but be gentle and take your time.
Also remove all props and put the nuts back on then run the motors to see if the motor(s) shaft is bent by keeping your eyes on the tip of the motor. The tip should stay in place not wobbling about. Note also that if you push the throttle about half way, you Phantom is NOT bouncing off the floor.
Check also the motor mounts if there are any hair-line cracks around the mounting screws.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik