Carrying Case for flying P2 w/Zenmuse

Reaction score
Got my drone a couple of months ago, and first time to this forum and have been looking around trying to find a case for my P2 w/ZenMuse gimbal. I have looked around and was looking for something that I can travel with, but also just have a good amount of stability. I have checked out the pelican 1510, pelican 1550, and 1560, but have heard mixed things and wanted to see what everyone is using. What is everyone using? Thanks!

Got my drone a couple of months ago, and first time to this forum and have been looking around trying to find a case for my P2 w/ZenMuse gimbal. I have looked around and was looking for something that I can travel with, but also just have a good amount of stability. I have checked out the pelican 1510, pelican 1550, and 1560, but have heard mixed things and wanted to see what everyone is using. What is everyone using? Thanks!

Try Tradecraft.com

I have the Tradecraft (Seahorse) wheelie case. I use it for airline travel. It is solid, but heavy... 17lbs as I recall. If you do get it, don't forget to pull the 'O' ring for pressure equalization. ;)

I have the Tradecraft (Seahorse) wheelie case. I use it for airline travel. It is solid, but heavy... 17lbs as I recall. If you do get it, don't forget to pull the 'O' ring for pressure equalization. ;)
Gotcha. Can you use it for carry on or does it have to be checked?

Gotcha. Can you use it for carry on or does it have to be checked?
Either but I never let it out of my sight so it goes on with me (besides, you can NOT check LiPo's on airlines). Have you ever tried to make a claim with an airline? They will fight you tooth & nail not to pay. It fits in the overhead of most long haul jets and some regional jets. You may've to gate check on the regionals depending on overhead storage size. And don't forget to remove the 'O' ring if your case has one or the pressure will crush the case down onto your precious quad. :eek: Some cases it is automatic, the Tradecraft/Seahorse is not. Don't ask how I know this. :D

Either but I never let it out of my sight so it goes on with me (besides, you can NOT check LiPo's on airlines). Have you ever tried to make a claim with an airline? They will fight you tooth & nail not to pay. It fits in the overhead of most long haul jets and some regional jets. You may've to gate check on the regionals depending on overhead storage size. And don't forget to remove the 'O' ring if your case has one or the pressure will crush the case down onto your precious quad. :eek: Some cases it is automatic, the Tradecraft/Seahorse is not. Don't ask how I know this. :D
Yeah getting anything back that is lost by any company is a total pain, none the less the airlines. Hopefully there site is back up soon, but looks like a nice case. Also looks like its about the same size as a 1560. The Seahorse being 23.96"x16"x10.01" while the 1560 pelican, is 22.1"x17.9"x"10.4".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31