Carry On Battery Case - Would Like Your Feedback

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

We are looking for some feedback for a possible new case. We where looking into making a case to carry strictly batteries for the Phantom 2 & 3. This case was going to use a fireproof foam insert that in the event of a bad lipo it would prevent a fire break out. The case would be easy to carry on a plane when traveling and carry 6 batteries.

Now with that said the fireproof foam is quite expensive and would push the price of the case up quite a bit. Current estimates is around $100-105 in price.

Questions for you guys:

1) Do you think that's a fair price?

2) How important is the fireproof foam? Would you rather have a not fireproof case that was cheaper?

3) In your opinions, how many batteries would you like to carry on? Whats too few and whats too many?

Any other feedback is welcome! The more feedback we get from you guys the better the case will be. :cool:

Thanks,

Kris

My opinion is it's a worthwhile price for the protection of fireproof foam. It's proactive for everyone. Nobody likes to pay for extra protection until after its needed. 6 batteries is great!

Sent from my PT beating heart

1) Do you think that's a fair price?
Yes. Fires create costs that well exceed $100, so it should be easy to sell at that price point. The tough part will be convincing people that a battery fire is a reasonable possibility.

2) How important is the fireproof foam? Would you rather have a not fireproof case that was cheaper?
It would be a must-have if you're selling a fireproof case.

3) In your opinions, how many batteries would you like to carry on?
6 minimum. 10 max. Maybe you could make two cases.

It would be a must-have if you're selling a fireproof case.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

If we didnt go with the fireproof foam it would be simply a battery storage case that you could carry on, but wouldn't be fireproof. I just wasnt sure if people would rather have a Fireproof case for more money or a non-fireproof case for less money.

One more question:

Would you rather the case be smaller and more compact with it just water resistant, or larger and water resistant,crush proof, and a longer warranty?

Perhaps a better question -- how many people need a separate battery case when most Phantom cases can hold 5+ batteries? I guess you'd be targeted people who own 10+ batteries. It looks like you'd be targeting a small number of Phantom owners. You'd have a niche for sure though if that's what you're after :)

Perhaps a better question -- how many people need a separate battery case when most Phantom cases can hold 5+ batteries? I guess you'd be targeted people who own 10+ batteries. It looks like you'd be targeting a small number of Phantom owners. You'd have a niche for sure though if that's what you're after :)

We where thinking this mostly for those that travel on airlines as a way to check their phantom but carry their batteries on safely. Hence why we where looking at the fireproof foam. Also we thought the case would be ideal for long term storage as the fireproof foam could prevent a fire inside someones house or office in the event of a bad lipo.

The case with fireproof foam could be used by any Phantom owner, so I'd start with that option if you are only able to manufacture one. I'm sure you know the case market better than me though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik