CARRY CASE

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just a bit of info for anyone looking for a Carry Case ( and if like me can't go for the higher priced ones ) I've been using this one for a couple of months since I upgraded from the Storage container :) and find it great for what I need.

Cheers,

Steve.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aluminium-Too ... 1038759043

Attachments

• P2V CARRY CASE.jpg
    P2V CARRY CASE.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 435
I guess I will add to this thread. I have the microrapter pro for my Phantom 3 advanced. It is nice that I can leave the props on. But since I use the secraft tray and now the DBS antenna mod the remote will not fit unless I take those two things off, so I just purchased this case from MCM -
16" Black Tactical Weatherproof Equipment CaseBy
Distributed By MCM (22-24135)MCM Part #22-2413
  • External dimensions (L x W x H): 16 1/2 " x 13" x 7"
  • Approximate internal dimensions (L x W x H): 14 1/2" x 10 1/2" x 6"
and I will be able to have the remote ready for just the ipad to install then I will be ready to fly. I want to be able to just go to the location I want to fly at and with minimal set up FLY. I will give a update on the new set up when I get it.

I guess I will add to this thread. I have the microrapter pro for my Phantom 3 advanced. It is nice that I can leave the props on. But since I use the secraft tray and now the DBS antenna mod the remote will not fit unless I take those two things off, so I just purchased this case from MCM -
16" Black Tactical Weatherproof Equipment CaseBy
Distributed By MCM (22-24135)MCM Part #22-2413
  • External dimensions (L x W x H): 16 1/2 " x 13" x 7"
  • Approximate internal dimensions (L x W x H): 14 1/2" x 10 1/2" x 6"
and I will be able to have the remote ready for just the ipad to install then I will be ready to fly. I want to be able to just go to the location I want to fly at and with minimal set up FLY. I will give a update on the new set up when I get it.
@Mike Mauk, how did this case work out for you? Have any pics showing the case packed to include the DBS antenna? I just got that antenna and I'm looking for a case that will work. I was considering their 22" case but if that 16" works that would save a few bucks.

Yes I just received the case and it works perfect for my needs. I only needed a container for the remote as the ipad air 2 fits in my microrapter. I took the top layer of foam out and removed the correct pluck cubes from it and left the top foam in and it holds the tray and Remote snug and no pressure on any of the remote itself. I am trying to find out what people recommend for topping off the cubed foam I read some place it was a rubber cement but of course I can not find where I read that go figure! ok another reader just told me plasti dip, yes so I ordered a can from amazon
any way the case is perfect for me

Attachments

• DSCF1184.JPG
    DSCF1184.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 324
  • DSCF1186.JPG
    DSCF1186.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 359
Last edited:
Yes I just received the case and it works perfect for my needs. I only needed a container for the remote as the ipad air 2 fits in my microrapter. I took the top layer of foam out and removed the correct pluck cubes from it and left the top foam in and it holds the tray and Remote snug and no pressure on any of the remote itself. I am trying to find out what people recommend for topping off the cubed foam I read some place it was a rubber cement but of course I can not find where I read that go figure! any way the case is perfect for me
OK, thanks for the quick reply. For whatever reason I missed the part about you having the microrapter for your quad. I'm kinda hoping to find a case that will fit my quad with the RC and DBS antenna. Going with 2 cases may end up being the answer though, thanks again.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
re:OK, thanks for the quick reply. For whatever reason I missed the part about you having the microrapter for your quad. I'm kinda hoping to find a case that will fit my quad with the RC and DBS antenna. Going with 2 cases may end up being the answer though, thanks again.
well you can take the dbs mod antenna off really easy and it will fit in the case, and probably the tray as well but like I said I want to be able to just go fly without worrying about putting the tray on the remote and everything.

re:OK, thanks for the quick reply. For whatever reason I missed the part about you having the microrapter for your quad. I'm kinda hoping to find a case that will fit my quad with the RC and DBS antenna. Going with 2 cases may end up being the answer though, thanks again.
well you can take the dbs mod antenna off really easy and it will fit in the case, and probably the tray as well but like I said I want to be able to just go fly without worrying about putting the tray on the remote and everything.
That makes sense, thanks again.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
I use a B&W type 61b case, brilliant case & all probes can stay on;)
My Phanton 2 vision fits like a glove in this case.
image.jpeg This case is water tight & has the right valve for air travel, so no crushed case with plane air pressure.

Only bad thing is the price but you only get what you pay for;)

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl