carbon props suggestion

Reaction score
Hi, i want to upgrade the default props of my phantom 2 with carbon ones, anybody can suggest me a model to buy?
thanks a lot

I've got self tightening carbon props from Helipal and test it today.
It's so imbalanced that the whole Phantom was shaking. I had to catch the P2 in the air because it was impossible to land.
Right now, until I figure out how to balance self tightening carbon props, I suggest you to hold on to the idea and keep using the OEM props.

Thanks, but i ve read that a new set of good balanced carbon props is the way to solve the "jello" effect that i have in the video i shot.... but probably it is hard to find a good balacend carbon props...

RichardWendt said:
Even though it's not a good idea. But, you know, if you want to make a difference, you'd better try more...
Have a look about this DJi carbon props.

Uhhhm, what? How about you stop spamming the forum with links to your glacially slow website?

RichardWendt said:
Even though it's not a good idea. But, you know, if you want to make a difference, you'd better try more...

As I said, the subject has been covered numerous times. If you want to risk your expensive P2 with those pieces of cr*p, be my guest and I hope you post photo of the results for us.

ianwood said:
Uhhhm, what? How about you stop spamming the forum with links to your glacially slow website?
:lol:

There is prop balancing shaft made for the self tightening props, and it fits in the same companies balancer stand. When I get mine, I will make my own stand based on the picture of their rig, looks simple. For looks I painted 3/4" stripes at 3/4" apart on the bottom of my props, which look cool when flying. But my son is convinced the slight vibration we are getting now is from the weight of the paint. I thought BS, but until I get the balance shaft, I can't rule out that possibility.
Does anyone have experience with DJI non-self tightening props on a P2? Cheaper and easier to balance aren't they?

The weight of the paint on the props can make a big difference. That one way to balance a prop on an traditional aircraft, as in one you get in and fly yourself. I balanced the prop on my experimental Lancair, one blade being heavy. Two coats of paint is all it took to balance it. So, think about how much weight there is in two coats of spray can paint.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic