Carbon Fiber Props?

Reaction score
Has anyone found a place to buy Carbon Fiber Propellers for the Phantom 4?

If so, do they seem well balanced? any noticeable difference in performance, responsiveness etc.?

Really like my P4, but, don't want something that may not be beneficial to flying it.

Can't see any difference between platforms when it comes to CF props. As such, no performance benefit and they tend to shatter upon contact.

I think they sell as people associate CF with performance.... in every regard. CF toilets would probably have a market.

haha! i dont doubt it ;) although i can say i had the DJI CF reinforced props on my previous phantoms and they seemed to perform better than the stock props in high winds and seemed a bit more stable.

Reactions: Intrepid97
I think they sell as people associate CF with performance.... in every regard. CF toilets would probably have a market.
So, are you are saying I should cancel my order for the toilet???
carbon-fiber-toilet.jpg

Last edited:
No unless you plan on flying with it there should not be any problems flushing the carbon fiber toilet

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I saw those. Not sure I will take the leap and buy any just yet.
I wouldn't buy those, it looks like you have to take the quick connect mounts off. Why would you want to downgrade to threading props on again, quick disconnect is a huge upgrade over the P3.

Reactions: Intrepid97
I have over 120 flights on my P3P with the factory DJI Carbon props, I love them and they make the P3 about 10% more responsive.. When DJI comes out with them for the P4 I will definitely get a set.. Two things I won't use on my Phantom are non DJI props, and non DJI batteries..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Has anyone found a place to buy Carbon Fiber Propellers for the Phantom 4?

If so, do they seem well balanced? any noticeable difference in performance, responsiveness etc.?

Really like my P4, but, don't want something that may not be beneficial to flying it.
Robably way too late but I saw them on the official DJI website for $15/pair

just thinking out loud but if phantom was a racing Quad, the CF would be the way to go for weight and no flex, but i wonder IF and I'm saying IF due to zero XP in this subject, does the flex of the stock props aid in a smother video while maneuvering or is the flex so minimal it makes no difference in smoothness of the video?

Just thinking out loud here and if anyone has an answer I'm all ears! because remember, there's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people.... or something like that :)

JIM

I would stay away from carbon fiber props. They are very stiff and do not flex. This makes them perform well, but they place a higher stress on the frame and give off micro vibrations. Things will works themselves loose like screws over time so you have to watch things like that when doing maintenance checks on you bird.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20