Carbon Fiber Props

Reaction score
Love the look.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440544191.957666.jpg

I like the look too!! Just heard to many stories about cracks appearing after the stiffer blades are installed. Might just have to order a strong arm kit with some..

Can anyone comment on this carbon crack story? I've just ordered a carbon set and now I'm concerned.

It was explained to me that the stock props will flex. The carbon do not, so this transfers more force to the already weak arms. Not really sure how true that is.. but sounds logical. How long have you had yours hitman?

Have been flying with the DJI carbons for approx 10 flights. No measurable diff in stability. I do however feel that the noise level is somewhat higher. Anyone concur?

I can't tell much of a difference on anything. But it does feel like I have more precise control. I don't know if it's just in my head or if it's the props. Regardless; whatever differences there are, they are VERY small.

Can anyone comment on this carbon crack story? I've just ordered a carbon set and now I'm concerned.

been using these CF reinforced props a lot and flying aggressively at times, no cracks on mine at all. i'm guessing those who have signs of cracks are those who got theirs from a bad batch

been using these CF reinforced props a lot and flying aggressively at times, no cracks on mine at all. i'm guessing those who have signs of cracks are those who got theirs from a bad batch
there wasnt a bad batch since most of the Phantom3s are affected by that problem sooner or later. Pre order P3s and much later versions had it. Im not sure how the latest P3 produced right now look like, some say they changed the shell. I would like to see pictures of this

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442137883.422236.jpg
i use these carbon props from the start. Never had the original props on it. No cracks so far. Fingers crossed.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442138066.965193.jpg
those props also have a metal insert in them.

I wouldnt recommend those props because those are the typical cheap china carbon props. The metal threads maybe work but the warranty is lost. When the Phantom3 crashes they wanna see the props as well and since DJI said no metal threads iit could mean problems. And of course there is always the bad feelings that the props will get loose. So for peace of mind and for warranty reasons alone i wouldnt use them. On the other hand with the plastic threads you have the problem with durability

At €40,- they aren't cheap. Build quality is excellent. I'm flying rc planes for over 40 years and hope that I can see the difference between good and shite.

I wouldnt recommend those props because those are the typical cheap china carbon props. The metal threads maybe work but the warranty is lost. When the Phantom3 crashes they wanna see the props as well and since DJI said no metal threads iit could mean problems. And of course there is always the bad feelings that the props will get loose. So for peace of mind and for warranty reasons alone i wouldnt use them. On the other hand with the plastic threads you have the problem with durability
The metal thread props have been known to come loose-- I have eight brand new white ones , that I wont use.

t.......since most of the Phantom3s are affected by that problem sooner or later.

You no doubt have empirical evidence of this ? (Not hearsay on internet forums)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1