Carbon Fiber Props! Why cant I find a decent set?

Reaction score
UGH...So far I have ordered 6 sets of Carbon Fiber Props from Various Vendors including DSLRPros, and Every single set has ZERO flat spot inside the Shaft Hole and the SHaft hole is Too Big allowing them to just spin Freely on the Shaft!!! Now, I dunno about YOU guys, but I ain't sending up $1200 worth of equipment on Props that do not fit!
Does AnYONE know where I can get a Good Set of these????
PLEASE HELP!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Thanks Ya'll
Harry

Hey Smooth.....
I've been using DSLRPro"s for a time now and think they are the best I've found. I use the 9" and they are slotted just like the stock Phantom props.....hope this helps

Slugger

Hey Harry,

check these out very cheap and quality Japanese material http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pairs-8x4-5-Ca ... AQ:US:1123 I have 2 sets of them. The holes are all made to fit phantom with the flat spots in the correct places. They need minor balancing so if you get some get a balancer (Dubro or Topflite). You should try some of the tri blade props aswell http://www.multiwiicopter.com/products/sku-27 you will need a reamer http://www.multiwiicopter.com/products/ ... -10mm-12mm and to ream them to 8mm then they will fit perfectly. They are slightly harder to balance but worth the effort. Hope this helps.

I believe that the carbon fiber ones from DslrPro are similar to the ones from @bay which I tried several and was impressed by the quality and all of the 6 sets 3 out of 4 came perfectly balanced while the forth required a few strokes from the sand paper. As for the hole in the hub, I prefer the round ones because sometime during take off or landing if the wind catches it, my Phantom may tip over and the round ones will just slip (but never in flight) but the keyed ones will break at the hub!
After the installation, make sure you check the tracking by turning one tip of the blades over the shell and note the distance or the gap between the blade and the top surface of the shell, then check to see if the other side yields the same gap, if not you have to correct that! I did that by SLIGHTLY filing the hub's rim on the high side down.

tanasit said:
I believe that the carbon fiber ones from DslrPro are similar to the ones from @bay which I tried several and was impressed by the quality and all of the 6 sets 3 out of 4 came perfectly balanced while the forth required a few strokes from the sand paper. As for the hole in the hub, I prefer the round ones because sometime during take off or landing if the wind catches it, my Phantom may tip over and the round ones will just slip (but never in flight) but the keyed ones will break at the hub!
After the installation, make sure you check the tracking by turning one tip of the blades over the shell and note the distance or the gap between the blade and the top surface of the shell, then check to see if the other side yields the same gap, if not you have to correct that! I did that by SLIGHTLY filing the hub's rim on the high side down.

Good points and a nice tip there about tracking. Thanks, I was also getting a bit fed up with looking at my non-keyed CF props which I decided not to use but now will :)

marcus_canada said:
tanasit said:

Good points and a nice tip there about tracking. Thanks, I was also getting a bit fed up with looking at my non-keyed CF props which I decided not to use but now will :)

Problem with the round hole or non-keyed as you mentioned is when you tighten the prop nuts down. You won't be able to hold the prop and screw the nut down like the stock props and to make a matter worse, the motors partially sit inside the shell so this leaves less room to hold on to the motor can. Some use the soft jaw pliers and some use the custom wrench but I use the strip of rubber cut off from the strap wrench. You just want the nut tight enough so that the prop won't slip at full power.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4