Carbon fiber props Vs stock

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have a p3A and i just want to know if carbon fiber props from dji will give the bird a better flight or noise.
Has any of you tried them?
Thanx

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm interested in this also..... On RC Heli's the CF props are a lot less forgiving, control inputs resulting in faster and more precise response.

I wouldn't bother, they're very brittle so will break easily.
Also if a carbon prop goes anywhere near your skin then it can do some big damage.
The genuine plastic DJI props with a bit of balance are cheap and work perfectly.

I like them and I think they are quieter and the bird feels more agile. (Original DJI only!)

Sure they will cut your arm off but I've seen the regular blades cause carnage too.

Last edited:
Reactions: fvader
There are already threads on this topic, better scan through them for your answer.

In short, you would find mixed answers.

There are already threads on this topic, better scan through them for your answer.

In short, you would find mixed answers.
yeah, mixed answers.

between then i decided to use stock only because of possible greater vibrations of carbon props. they quite stiffer. that looks like more vibrations to me

I only use the DJI carbon fiber props. They are stiffer, making the P3 more responsive and precise in flight. Also, less noise. No noticeable vibrations or negative flight characteristics.

If you study the comparisons you'll see that the term CF props is ambiguous to many.

DJI's props are not the stereotypical woven-cloth/epoxy type but rather carbon fibers mixed into the plastic. This is very common in the IM plastics industry but DJI has leveraged it to take advantage of the belief by many that CF makes everything better.

The problem can arise from 3rd party props because the motors/props & ESC are a tuned or matched combo/system for best performance.

If you buy the 3rd party woven CF type your likely to experience problems with stability as you essentially de-tune the system.

I am just talking only on original CF props. Third party in my opinion are sth that will only cause problems and nothing else.

Reactions: omarkatwe
I only use the DJI carbon fiber props. They are stiffer, making the P3 more responsive and precise in flight. Also, less noise. No noticeable vibrations or negative flight characteristics.

Why would there be less noise? Others who use CF claim they sound the same. DJI, the people who make the props we are talking about, claim there is no difference in performance.

Why would there be less noise? Others who use CF claim they sound the same. DJI, the people who make the props we are talking about, claim there is no difference in performance.

I feel the same, i put DJI CF props on, i don't know how much performance is impacted, but i do feel it is noticeably quieter.

Thanx guys out there. Hope this will help every other dji pilot. Cheers

I'm not an engineer man, couldn't give you an exact reason. I can only guess it's because they are more rigid and therefore cut through the air cleaner without as much deviation.

All 'performance' comparisons are anecdotal and may be subjective.

Prop noise is primarily due to tip speed so if there is a reduction in RPM it is likely there is a reduction in noise.

This is endless discussion. We have many threads on this. Let's stop discussing further.

This is endless discussion. We have many threads on this. Let's stop discussing further.

Hey what is with all this?

You have the option to participate or not.

If you have a prob report to moderation and let them decide.

There are lots of new people here and there will be repeat topics and discussions.

Take a break if you're tired of it.

Reactions: Navigator181
Without any offense if somebody is not interested for a topic, then it is a good time not to participate. Thanks for your support

Reactions: omarkatwe
I only use DJI´s own. Find them pretty good. The regular plastic ones most of the time, but I dig the CF reinforced ones too and I have some with the metal hub which I also like. They all feel the same, but yes the CF sound slightly quieter at times, and for some reason I prefer to fly them when there´s a bit of wind above ideal. I´ve used full CF props on copters and planes, but not on my P3. Like most things on the P3 the DJI props are precisely engineered for the quad, and they come 90% balanced in 90% of times right out of the package. I do balance mine regardless but that´s because I like to use my balancer and can´t fly when it´s raining so I´ve got to find something relaxing to do :p

Reactions: Solar Deity
Without any offense if somebody is not interested for a topic, then it is a good time not to participate. Thanks for your support

It's true, but ripetitive topics on large forums tend to be annoying, for older members especially, and the good old "search" button can often help! :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31