Car charging

• Thread starter Deleted member 62848
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 62848

Hi just have question reguards to these chargers
1505368884352-1006119770.jpg
says 5 to 15 amp ,my wheels is a honda with very small battrie ,,probly have to run while charging phantom batt,anyone else use these,its not dji product,unlike ones that plug into converter this goes straight in socket,

Have no knowledge of the performance of that product. As to your vehicle as the power source your lighter socket is probably 15A (180w nominal). As to the size of the battery, typical for that size car with a good battery would be around a 50min reserve capacity, that is is could deliver 25A for 50min to reach a terminal voltage of 10.5V. Allowing for typical efficiency of a switch mode power supply means you could charge 3 phantom 3 packs from 30%SOC to full (assuming the supply does not have a LVC above 10.5 which it probably does). You wouldn’t be able to start the car afterwards though. Charging while driving would be the best option.

Have no knowledge of the performance of that product. As to your vehicle as the power source your lighter socket is probably 15A (180w nominal). As to the size of the battery, typical for that size car with a good battery would be around a 50min reserve capacity, that is is could deliver 25A for 50min to reach a terminal voltage of 10.5V. Allowing for typical efficiency of a switch mode power supply means you could charge 3 phantom 3 packs from 30%SOC to full (assuming the supply does not have a LVC above 10.5 which it probably does). You wouldn’t be able to start the car afterwards though. Charging while driving would be the best option.
Choice thanks for reply ,,good info , i normaly fly to 30% batt power,thats my first low batt warning so i shall use that for charging guide when on the road,,thanks again

Charge whilst driving or park on a hill (manual transmission only)!

Better to get a spare lead/acid battery (sealed or gel electrolyte types are best for portable use) with a FUSED socket fitted. Make sure the terminals are well covered!!
Golf trolley batteries are OK and you can find plastic moulded enclosures for them to fit your socket onto. They are rated at about 25Ah which is 300Wh. You need about 70Wh to re-charge so you could expect 3 charges from it.

If you also get a universal charger (computer type) as used by most RC fliers you can charge just about anything else from it, as they also use a 12Vdc power input. You have to set all the parameters yourselft though, charge current, cut-offvoltage and so on. Just fit the same type of plug to it.

Hope that helps.

Charge whilst driving or park on a hill (manual transmission only)!

Better to get a spare lead/acid battery (sealed or gel electrolyte types are best for portable use) with a FUSED socket fitted. Make sure the terminals are well covered!!
Golf trolley batteries are OK and you can find plastic moulded enclosures for them to fit your socket onto. They are rated at about 25Ah which is 300Wh. You need about 70Wh to re-charge so you could expect 3 charges from it.

If you also get a universal charger (computer type) as used by most RC fliers you can charge just about anything else from it, as they also use a 12Vdc power input. You have to set all the parameters yourselft though, charge current, cut-offvoltage and so on. Just fit the same type of plug to it.

Hope that helps.
Hi thanks for info,,my car auto,,yeh this charger not like others i see that why i ask,,would think it would at least go through converter to propely reg the volts and amp side of it so at the worst i dont get a burnt out car and having to walk home, LOL

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl