Car Chargers

Reaction score
Hi All,

Want to know if anyone has experience or advice regarding a car charger for the Phantom 3 Advanced.
I've seen the posts and advice for inverters however the engine has to be switched on.
This would be used not so much for charging in the car but rather charging from a battery pack like an emergency jump-start battery pack.
MB3694ImageMain-515Wx515H

I have seen this one and considering it for when I am away from power points:
$_35.JPG

$_35.JPG

Looks like it should work:
$_35.JPG

Does anyone have any experience with these?
Would there be any risk for the battery?

Cheers

I'm considering it too. The cigarette lighter plug in the car can support 10A max.. so 100W is not a problem. Then it is a matter of quality of the power supply... Too much junk around ..
How much it costs ?

I'm considering it too. The cigarette lighter plug in the car can support 10A max.. so 100W is not a problem. Then it is a matter of quality of the power supply... Too much junk around ..
How much it costs ?

Would there be a problem with voltage, 12v to 18v?
How does that work?
I am reluctant to experiment on expensive flight battery and am hoping someone has prior experience.

Would there be a problem with voltage, 12v to 18v?
How does that work?
I am reluctant to experiment on expensive flight battery and am hoping someone has prior experience.

Really I don't know the specs of this gadget... It has a for sure a DC-DC converter inside.
Theorically, battery doesn't need 16V to be charged, because in any case the charger inside uses 4.20V for each cells and an input of 12V@5A is more than enough. But it depends on the DJI battery charger design. As soon possible I will spend some time on the battery topic. I'm waiting bar for 3 battery parallel charge...

I also have brought one of those 12 car chargers but not yet tried it out yet is there a update on this charge does it work ok and no issues with the fright battery .

Cheers David

I also have brought one of those 12 car chargers but not yet tried it out yet is there a update on this charge does it work ok and no issues with the fright battery .

Cheers David

I have both a small 300W inverter and the 50W car charger below. I have tested them both successfully, running from a bank of deep cycle batteries. The inverter takes about 55 minutes from 20%, while the car charger takes just under 2 hours, with no adverse affects.

In terms of price I would buy an inverter. In addition to being used to power your DJI charger, it can also power several other small electrcal devices such as you laptop.

charger.jpg

Thanks Errol I am aiming at the Inverter I have not yet tried the above one yet but might once one of the battery get bit old.

atki

Thanks I took your advise.

cheers

I went with a 300W inverter running of the cigarette lighter socket and works perfectly to charge one battery pack at a time.

I went with a 300W inverter running of the cigarette lighter socket and works perfectly to charge one battery pack at a time.

Glad to hear that ... I have one, too, but have yet to use it. Will take it on the road in a couple of weeks!!

DJI says you cannot use the square wave (the so-called "modified sine wave") inverters with their chargers. Their devices are pulse chargers, so I reckon this is a true statement.

I need a car charging option, so a tag to follow.

I would would be afraid use that cheap looking thing in the OP without a lot of recommendations. I have read some stuff looking for a car charger. Most everything I read from folks in the know, say to use an inverter with the regular charger. I have also seen that you should not use a modified sine wave inverter. They say to use a true sine wave inverters, but they are pricey. But thats cheaper than ruining $150 battery or burning down your car with it.

Just bought a pure sine wave inverter based on all that I have read here and elsewhere. Means I have a semi- that I can no longer use. The ancillary costs of this hobby are high at time ... I have a P1 in a case that I haven't even looked at in weeks in favor of my P3P. Anyone interested? :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj