Can'take get 3 standard to bond with quad

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 4k . A P3 standard popped up on Craigslist and few weeks ago. Crashed with gimbal broken off. The rest of the quad was in good shape , just can't get the remote to bond with the quad. I purchased it for 100 bucks still in the box. For me it was an extra battery for my 4k. Would still like to get the standard working. Any ideas on the remote not pairing. I have taken the top off and nothing busted. Of course you can't always see an electrical problem

I'm pretty sure, without the gimbal on a standard you are not going to be able to re-link a remote to the Phantom. The remote that was linked to it would have worked (I think), but once a re-link has been started its done. My thought it has something to do with Mac address of the camera / gimbal and the remote's Mac.

Maybe somebody will prove me wrong.
;)

Rod

Reactions: Jimmy1952
I don't know, but I think you maybe.

Correct.
:D

Rod

Last edited:
Thanks folks , who would have thought it. I am new to these things , so if any questions I post seem ignorant , that's because they are. Just getting started with quads.

I know someone will post "why would you want to fly without a camera ? In my case , for testing reasons. Want to know if this thing is worth time and money too repair.

I'm pretty sure, without the gimbal on a standard you are not going to be able to re-link a remote to the Phantom. The remote that was linked to it would have worked (I think), but once a re-link has been started its done. My thought it has something to do with Mac address of the camera / gimbal and the remote's Mac.

;)

Rod
I also have the original remote , it is what I am using to try and pair with. Thanks

@Jimmy1952
Didn't watch the vid, computer to slow, but I think no gimbal works until you have re-link your remote.
Yes , RodPad , I see that . I have tried to do a reset on the remote and repair it with the drone. This drone and remote is only a few months old. You can never tell but a faulty remote may have caused the crash. I am new to all this , trying to learn what does what. I mess with electronics all the time , just never a drone . Thanks to all the folks here i am learning quiet a bit. Thanks for your input!

Yes , RodPad , I see that . I have tried to do a reset on the remote and repair it with the drone. This drone and remote is only a few months old. You can never tell but a faulty remote may have caused the crash. I am new to all this , trying to learn what does what. I mess with electronics all the time , just never a drone . Thanks to all the folks here i am learning quiet a bit. Thanks for your input!
BTW the remote is the one that came with the drone .....I got the works for 100 bucks. The guy was going to buy a better one , he stated. I was glad to get the battery which works on my P3 4K.

;)

Rod
The crash did ruin the cable from the drone to the gimbal. Weird the ribbon cable on the gimbal survived. Also had to re attach the black and gray antenna wires. I ordered the cable from the drone to gimbal . Going to see how that works out once I get it back together. I do have the original remote that came with the drone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20