Can't upgrade firmware

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I'm Wally & I've been reading along here for a while: many helpful info. I'm from Amsterdam, the netherlands, and have got my P2VP for about a month now. Made a little clip while on holiday in France:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfmafdE ... mkYTg5KVpw

Now, I do apologize if I am asking a stupid n00b question, but I cannot find an answer when I searched this forum. I'm having a little trouble hooking my Phantom up to my MacBook... When I got it, I just went on flying it. Never did a firmware install or anything, just flew it straight out of the box. Now that I am back home from my holiday I figured I would see what the Assistant Software could offer and thought I would change it to NAZA mode perhaps. So I downloaded & installed the Phantom 2 Vision+ Assistant Software v3.2.

However, when I hook up my Phantom to my MacBook, nothing happens. It sees my Phantom in the Finder, but the software doesn't see the Phantom. Nor the controller...

I did erase the all files from the Phantom a few times when I uploaded all the videos and pics from the Phantom; could that be the problem, that there was some installment software installed on the Phantom that it needed or something..?

Any help would be more then welcome.

Thanx a lot!

Wally

The plug for the phantom is at the front under a little rubber flap, you are connecting to the camera......:)

You will need to install the dji drivers as well. Not only the software assistant. Download it from dji. It will work then. My assistant also did nothing until i installed the driver.
Second, for the controller you will need to download RC Assistant software.

I stand corrected then. I think harbourside may be correct about you using the wrong usb port

What version of MacOS are you running? Phantom specs call for Lion (10.7) or newer.

Second thing, if you see the Phantom in the finder, you are probably connecting to the camera rather then the USB port directly on the aircraft. The correct connector is on the front of the Phantom, and has a rubber plug in it. You can use the connector on the CAMERA gimbal to copy photos into iPhoto/iMovie, but for firmware updates, calibration and setup you have to use the port on the Phantom itself.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj